11 Month old child

Leroyr55

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/international-age-policy

38 minutes ago, twangster said:

All souls on board consume a spot in a lifeboat regardless of size so unless there is a kids sail free promotion underway an infant is charged like an adult.  

There are restrictions on certain sailings for kids under 1 year old.  Sailing with more than three consecutive sea days are off limits until 1 year old.  

@twangster, I know you're good at this.  Where can we find official Royal documentation that infants are charged full fare?   I've been searching like crazy but I couldn't find it.  I see it on cruising websites and forums (fora), but not on the Royal website.

5 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

@twangster, I know you're good at this.  Where can we find official Royal documentation that infants are charged full fare?   I've been searching like crazy but I couldn't find it.  I see it on cruising websites and forums (fora), but not on the Royal website.

I don't know about documentation but if you just price it out for 3 adults vs. 2 adults, 1 infant the price is the same (unless it's KSF of course).

16 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

That's like asking for the official policy that the second adult will be charged in a cabin.  

Royal has always charged all guests on a booking (exclusive of KSF).  

Price a cabin with 4 adults.

Now price a cabin with 2 adults and 2 children.  

Same price.  

16 minutes ago, twangster said:

That's like asking for the official policy that the second adult will be charged in a cabin.  

I get that, but for someone new to cruising and, in my example, flying, information like this on a website would be helpful.  I'm sure the OP needed this information.

This is from the Delta website:

image.png.f5a1cf8086c366a41b45d0cce7333753.png

One of my frustrations with the Royal website is that you really need to be good with searching skills to find the information you need.  Newbie and occasional cruisers don't like digging for information as much as we do here in this community.

11 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I get that, but for someone new to cruising and, in my example, flying, information like this on a website would be helpful.  I'm sure the OP needed this information.

This is from the Delta website:

image.png.f5a1cf8086c366a41b45d0cce7333753.png

One of my frustrations with the Royal website is that you really need to be good with searching skills to find the information you need.  Newbie and occasional cruisers don't like digging for information as much as we do here in this community.

Air travel is wildly different from cruise travel.   The two have nothing in common.

I guess I'm confused why anyone would think that children would be free.  

21 minutes ago, twangster said:

I guess I'm confused why anyone would think that children would be free.  

I've never been confused about that, I don't have children.😃

I think it's just making the (wrong) correlation with so many businesses not charging children, especially infants - kids eat free, kids fly free, kids sail free (promo), etc.

28 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I've never been confused about that, I don't have children.😃

I think it's just making the (wrong) correlation with so many businesses not charging children, especially infants - kids eat free, kids fly free, kids sail free (promo), etc.

Have a kid and you'll quickly realize kids are rarely free anywhere 🙂

Pick a fast food restaurant, bet you kids aren't eating free.  Does anyone go to McDonalds and is shocked to learn that kids aren't free?

Does McDonalds have a policy statement on their website "Kids must pay"?  

I think it's the same with many, maybe even most businesses.  The exceptions are the one that advertise as a means to draw in customers.  "Kids eat free!" is a gimmick to attract parents.  The few businesses that offer these gimmicks advertise these gimmicks in big ways as opposed to everyone assumes or expects all restaurants allow kids to eat free.  They are the exception, not the rule.  

Much like the lap child is advertised and offered because it is an exception, not the norm.   I wouldn't be surprised to learn that airlines are required by law to post their lap child policy.  

43 minutes ago, Sharla said:

Also remember with Kids Sail Free, they up the price of the guests 1 and 2. I have seen promos that are way better for families of 4/5 without the KSF. This is why we reprice often.

This is why I never pay attention to whatever promos are on Royal's homepage - $$$ off all guests,  $$$% off the second guest, "starts at $$$", etc.  With Royal's math, you never really get a good discount.

I just rely on my TA to do her magic and find me the best rates.

16 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

But WHY?

I've heard it has something to do with medical emergencies and getting the patient (in this case an infant) to qualified care in a reasonable amount of time.  For the most part, the 3 consecutive sea days rule only eliminates transatlantic/transpacific voyages where you're multiple days from a hospital.  Royal's doctors have a chance to stabilize an adult with a heart attack but don't want to take that type of risk with an infant.