Royal Up Program

newfolio

20 hours ago, Kellyrich said:

Can anyone give an idea of what you have had as an accepting upgrade bid in the past?  We are sailing for the first time in June, chose interior room to keep cost down, but would love to win a bid and surprise the family!  Just looking for a ballpark idea on what to expect.  And does anyone know if the ships are still at 50%??

I'm sailing on a 7 day May '22 cruise and also had an interior room originally booked. I was able to put in a bid 45 days out somehow and placed a bid on every category at the lowest amount (virtual balcony, neighborhood view, spacious interior, ocean view, ulta spacious ocean view, and ocean balcony). We got upgraded to the ocean balcony at the lowest amount (for our sailing on symphony it was 150/pp) 25 days out! 

Good luck!! 

Newbie here 🙂

I have three reservations - 1 balcony and 2 interior (6 people)

I got two emails for bid upgrades (balcony and one interior).

if I was to bid and win a Grand Suite, it would fit all 6 but would that work since the bid says it’s “per person (2)”??

So after reading these threads - I thought I would put in a bid for some stuff yesterday -  which I did.  

I logged in today - and all are marked as expired apart from one which is pending - but I cant modify anything or edit it or cancel it - all the buttons have gone.   Yesterday I could modify things.    Cruise is on May 7. 

Does this mean the pending one is accepted as I cant cancel it anymore - it was only in there for less than 24hrs ? 

1 hour ago, dmband said:

Newbie here 🙂

I got two emails for bid upgrades (balcony and one interior).

if I was to bid and win a Grand Suite, it would fit all 6 but would that work since the bid says it’s “per person (2)”??

The Royal up only work per room. So even if you won a GS, only the people in the room that wins will be upgraded and get any perks. Most GS fit a max of 4pax and if you wanted to add 4, the GS would be priced at prevailing rates. 

1 hour ago, dmband said:

Newbie here 🙂

@dmband  Welcome to the Royal Caribbean Blog Forum!

Have you made final payment?  Converting 3 reservations into 1 (if this is what you are thinking of doing) at this point may be too late altogether or very costly if possible.  Check with your TA or contact RCL directly if you don't have one.  They can guide you as to whether it may be best to forgo the bid and just change your booking.

Also you face the problem of when your GS bid might be accepted, which technically could be on your cruise sail date (not likely).  But getting your bid accepted close to embarkation day would make it almost impossible to get your inside rooms refunded.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

This is how winning bids often behave but there's still a slight chance it may all reset so not a 100% guarantee. 

Interesting thanks.   That's weird,  must be one of the shortest waiting times ever.   Sadly it wasn't the one I wanted the most but Ill take it 🙂

1 hour ago, Meridian said:

Interesting thanks.   That's weird,  must be one of the shortest waiting times ever.   Sadly it wasn't the one I wanted the most but Ill take it 🙂

Any chance you are on Odyssey 7 May? Our JS bid for this cruise is showing the exact same (pending but not modifiable). Other offers are expired. 

Seems quite a few people found out they were successful on Monday so not sure what this means for my bid!

2 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

Any chance you are on Odyssey 7 May? Our JS bid for this cruise is showing the exact same (pending but not modifiable). Other offers are expired. 

Seems quite a few people found out they were successful on Monday so not sure what this means for my bid!

Sure is.   Guess we are the B team.    Out of interest what did you bid for the JS if you don't mind sharing ?   

15 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Piggy back question since I don't want to start another Royal Up thread....

If we have bids pending, and then reprice our cruise, does that affect our current bids?

I just upgraded my room 2 days ago and then immediately cancelled the bid for the room I upgraded to but left the others on my list in hopes to get an even better Royal up room.  The next day I received an email stating that Royal Caribbean chose to cancel all of my bids for upgrades.  It did allow me to go back in and place a bid on the upgrades again this time without the room upgrade that I chose because of a sale that I couldn't pass up. The room on sale cost less than the Royal up bid I placed.

As a precaution, never assume Royal will cancel anything for you.  If you Upgrade a room that you have placed a Royal Up bid on be sure to cancel your bid for that particular category that you upgraded to so that Royal doesn't book the exact upgrade and charge you again. (And they do!).

An Example would be:  I have a Balcony room and have placed bids on JR Suite, Grand Suite, Owner's Suite, and the Royal Suite. (Hey, It could happen).  A sale starts and the JR Suite price dropped lower than the bid I placed on it.  I purchase the JR Suite and immediately go to my Royal Up bids and Cancel just the bid for the JR Suite and leave the Grand, Owner's, and Royal Suites in place.

This time Royal sent me an email cancelling all of my bids stating that they noticed that I upgraded on my own but please do not rely on them doing this and be sure to cancel any Royal Up that falls below the one you purchased or you absolutely may find that you have been charged again for the upgrade.

Is there an approximate amount of time after they’ve accepted your bid that you get the email? Basically how long would it take to process?

I checked this morning and all bids except one were expired with the remaining bid still pending. I know tentatively this leans more towards that bid being accepted. But I just want to know now. Lol. We cruise in 3 days and at this point, I had given up on hoping for one to be accepted.

16 hours ago, Mark_UK said:

I had done the max bid (£160pp) for my reservation, though I noticed this had changed to £170. You?

I got the email that mine was upgraded this morning -  What you bid thou,  that's really interesting -  when I convert what I bid in my currency to pounds.  For the JS I actually bid 250 pounds (and that wasn't even the max but it was close) - so higher than you and didn't get it,   which means its not just a highest bidder wins thing which sort of doesn't make sense to me,  you would think they would just take the most amount they would get on any one option,  but clearly there are other factors.  

3 hours ago, Meridian said:

I got the email that mine was upgraded this morning -  What you bid thou,  that's really interesting -  when I convert what I bid in my currency to pounds.  For the JS I actually bid 250 pounds (and that wasn't even the max but it was close) - so higher than you and didn't get it,   which means its not just a highest bidder wins thing which sort of doesn't make sense to me,  you would think they would just take the most amount they would get on any one option,  but clearly there are other factors.  

Ah congratulations on your upgrade! We still haven't been told so it may well be that price wins. I wasn't able to bid any higher than £170pp (£340 total). 

I still don't have any email, just says pending and can't be edited. So tense! 

6 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Ah congratulations on your upgrade! We still haven't been told so it may well be that price wins. I wasn't able to bid any higher than £170pp (£340 total). 

I still don't have any email, just says pending and can't be edited. So tense! 

I also believe they may factor in how much you paid originally into your bidding range, not sure on that though. 

52 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

I also believe they may factor in how much you paid originally into your bidding range, not sure on that though. 

Well that's definitely the case in it cant be highest price win - if you get yours as I bid more than you.   The bid I did win was less than half the amount  I was willing to pay for the JS - so from me they definitely got less than they could have.  

Which is strange in a way,   as we both paid what we paid to start with thats locked in no changing it now - why wouldn't they want my 500 pounds over your 340,  they are better off with mine.   Guess there is some science we dont understand.  

All the best thou - hope it comes though for you,  and you can feel better knowing you saved an extra 160 over what I would have paid 🙂

19 minutes ago, Meridian said:

Well that's definitely the case in it cant be highest price win - if you get yours as I bid more than you.   The bid I did win was less than half the amount  I was willing to pay for the JS - so from me they definitely got less than they could have.  

Which is strange in a way,   as we both paid what we paid to start with thats locked in no changing it now - why wouldn't they want my 500 pounds over your 340,  they are better off with mine.   Guess there is some science we dont understand.  

All the best thou - hope it comes though for you,  and you can feel better knowing you saved an extra 160 over what I would have paid 🙂

I think it also has something to do with the cabin you were in originally. If by upgrading you they can then sell that cabin to someone else for more money then overall it might work out higher than a single bid? 

1 hour ago, Mark_UK said:

I think it also has something to do with the cabin you were in originally. If by upgrading you they can then sell that cabin to someone else for more money then overall it might work out higher than a single bid? 

I am of the same mind set or at least hoping it is the case.   We booked our JS 2 years ago, and due to covid, we lifted and shifted 3 times. I did fake bookings for some time and in the end our cabin, which is an ideal location, hump deck 9,  was selling for 2.5k more than we paid. Plus it was still a few hundred more than an ocean balcony.  Thus, if someone place a bid of lets say 500 total for a JS and purchased a balcony at a cost that was only 300 less than I paid for my JS they actually make money off of my cabin.

Ontw, I am on SoS 4/30  and still pending, along with at least 15 other posters on à private group.

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Cruise2022ZA said:

If one made a bid which is accepted ... can you make another RoyalUp again ? Or if your bid is accepted - you cannot participate for a second time ?

No, it is one upgrade per reservations. You can outright upgrade but that defeats the point. 

I found this thread as i was placing my RoyalUp Bids and found it so helpful, so thought I'd share my experience too! 

I just got notified this AM that I "won" the bid for a Grand Suite - 1 bedroom for my upcoming sailing on 6/27/22 on Symphony of the Seas Adriatic sailing. I couldn't believe I got notified so far before the sailing (38 days)! We originally booked an ocean view stateroom and I bid pretty much the minimum amount (maybe ~$20 above, I can't remember exactly) which was $550 pp. Still in shock that we got such a massive upgrade! I usually cruise with my mom and we always book interior cabins, so even booking a window stateroom was a treat for me. I'm going to be so spoiled after this 🥰

I also bid on the owner's suite (that one got cancelled within a day or so), Ocean View Balcony and Spacious Ocean View. I did almost the minimum on those too. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cruzin2022 said:

Our cruise is in 6 days and still no decision on our bids. Still able to bid also. Wondering how close to sailing date RCL usually goes before upgrades (I know it’s a 3rd party that does them). We’re sailing on Allure on June 5th.

I believe beforehand it was 3 days before sailing but with the current protocols, lots of people might not sail because of positive test, lack of documents, etc. Some people won't know the day of until possibly after sail away.

12 hours ago, Cruzin2022 said:

Our cruise is in 6 days and still no decision on our bids. Still able to bid also. Wondering how close to sailing date RCL usually goes before upgrades (I know it’s a 3rd party that does them). We’re sailing on Allure on June 5th.

I sail on the 5th also on Oasis of the Seas.  I bid on both a 1 and 2 bedroom Grand Suite.  Both bids are still pending even though it looks like there is only 1 grand suite left and no 2 bedroom Grands.  Still hoping though and check everyday.  Last time my bid was accepted I was unable to modify it a few days before I was notified.   Fingers crossed and good luck to you.

6 hours ago, Olivia R said:

for the Royalup, do you receive an email when one of your bids has been cancelled or do you not get an email until they get accepted?

Only email I have received is that bid was not win…after we were already sailing. LoL 

• 2 weeks later...

I placed a bid in my sister's reservations. I told her what I did and I will be paying for it if she wins.  The program says it will be charging a credit card.  Will it be her credit card since I put the bid under her reservation?  Or will I be given the opportunity to switch CC numbers?  This is not a problem either way since I can just make a deposit into her bank account using Zelle. 

28 minutes ago, FireFishII said:

I placed a bid in my sister's reservations. I told her what I did and I will be paying for it if she wins.  The program says it will be charging a credit card.  Will it be her credit card since I put the bid under her reservation?  Or will I be given the opportunity to switch CC numbers?  This is not a problem either way since I can just make a deposit into her bank account using Zelle. 

It will charge the card on file for the reservation.

4 hours ago, Carlos A. said:

When I have made offers it ask me for a CC number every time I make a new bid. 

It doesn't take the CC you have on file with RC as they are different companies.

YMMV.......but when I have made bids it was the card on file. I cancelled and changed bids and they never asked for a different card. 

5 hours ago, Carlos A. said:

When I have made offers it ask me for a CC number every time I make a new bid. 

It doesn't take the CC you have on file with RC as they are different companies.

I had the same experience; I could not even enter a bid without also providing CC information.  In my case, I used the same card that my reservation was booked under, but it seemed as though Royal Up did not have any of my payment information on file.

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

This was my experience in the past 10 days.

When I just did my Royal Up for my sister, it did not ask for a CC.  We both have CC numbers on file so I don't know which one it will use.  I am going to assume my sister's since I made the Royal Up on her reservation.  We will see. I will keep you informed IF the Royal Up is accepted.