Royal Up Program

newfolio

I know this isn't as major as all those being accepted for their suite upgrades, but I'm still really excited we just won our Royal Up bid! 

This is our third Royal Caribbean cruise, and I always choose Interior GTY for budget, as a solo parent to two teens. However, this year I scored a great deal on our Int GTY room, then was able to reprice it 3 times, so thought that I would give the RoyalUp a go...and found out today (6 days until cruising) that we have been accepted for an Ultra Spacious Ocean view!  SO excited, we sail on Sunday on Oasis! Now to just pass our covid testing....

For those who are curious, I received the RoyalUp email to offer bids December 22, for our Feb 13th sailing. I placed the minimum bid ($65 CDN or about $50 USD per person), so for $130 CDN we were upgraded! 🙂

1 hour ago, Spike said:

4 hours before boarding the Independence of the Seas, and royal up is still active with availability to bid on 4 suite types. Seems a little ridiculous to me

I got my rejection email for my Royal Up on my last sailing during my  8pm dinner the first night, lol.

• 1 month later...

How does this works? I've never received and e-mail from Royal Up on any of my previous cruises. 

For my next cruise I've tried to go directly to the Royal Up page and enter my information, then a pop up says "Please wait while we check your eligibility", and a spinning wheel, buy it stays there forever.

1 hour ago, carlosalonsor said:

How does this works? I've never received and e-mail from Royal Up on any of my previous cruises. 

For my next cruise I've tried to go directly to the Royal Up page and enter my information, then a pop up says "Please wait while we check your eligibility", and a spinning wheel, buy it stays there forever.

Sometimes you need to try it twice.
Also it's typically not available until 30 days before (well that's the message they give, but it HAS been available before that).
I have read that cruises booked through Costco are not eligible (there could be similar type companies that are not eligible)
Perhaps try a different internet browser.

hi guys, just booked a cruise on Spectrum for June 2022, sailing out of Singapore.

As you may be aware, SG Govt has a limit of capacity of 50%. 

So, I am wondering, does this 50% limit more or less confirms that there will be more than enough rooms available for RoyalUp?

Does anyone has any experience of RoyalUp for such a situation? Care to share please?

Have booked Balcony room but I should have additional budget of S$1,300 to play with. 

So, thinking of using this S$1,300 to bid for suites.

Do you think my S$1,300 (Which is around US$1,000?) will go a long way if I wanna bid for Sky Class suites?

Or should I budget for more?

As of now, my Balcony room costs S$2,400 for 2A2C. 

5 hours ago, shearer said:

hi guys, just booked a cruise on Spectrum for June 2022, sailing out of Singapore.

As you may be aware, SG Govt has a limit of capacity of 50%. 

So, I am wondering, does this 50% limit more or less confirms that there will be more than enough rooms available for RoyalUp?

Does anyone has any experience of RoyalUp for such a situation? Care to share please?

Have booked Balcony room but I should have additional budget of S$1,300 to play with. 

So, thinking of using this S$1,300 to bid for suites.

Do you think my S$1,300 (Which is around US$1,000?) will go a long way if I wanna bid for Sky Class suites?

Or should I budget for more?

As of now, my Balcony room costs S$2,400 for 2A2C. 

It's anyone's guess.

Back in September, on Harmony, my highest upgrade choice from a boardwalk view balcony was a JS and they wanted a minimum bid of $300 pp (I passed).

For my upcoming Odyssey cruise in May I am in an obstructed balcony cabin but can bid all the way up to a royal loft suite. If I wanted to bid on that the minimum bid is $750 pp. Think I might bid on it just for the fun.

The cheapest sky class bid is $100 pp for a GS.

21 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

It's anyone's guess.

Back in September, on Harmony, my highest upgrade choice from a boardwalk view balcony was a JS and they wanted a minimum bid of $300 pp (I passed).

For my upcoming Odyssey cruise in May I am in an obstructed balcony cabin but can bid all the way up to a royal loft suite. If I wanted to bid on that the minimum bid is $750 pp. Think I might bid on it just for the fun.

The cheapest sky class bid is $100 pp for a GS.

Awesome!

I guess my additional budget of US$1,000 is workable then. Still, need lots of luck!

But, in terms of common sense, if ship is at 50% capacity limit, it also means that the other 50% unsold cabins are up for grabs, right?

5 hours ago, shearer said:

Awesome!

I guess my additional budget of US$1,000 is workable then. Still, need lots of luck!

But, in terms of common sense, if ship is at 50% capacity limit, it also means that the other 50% unsold cabins are up for grabs, right?

It would seem logical, although logic is not always Royal's strong point. 😆

I'd definitely say go for it if you get the chance. Once capacities go back to normal upgrades will be harder to get and more expensive.

1 hour ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

We just received an email an hour ago that our Royal Up bid was accepted.  Email states to reprint boarding passes and luggage tags, however, there is no change on the stateroom number.  Does it take longer? 

Congrats! Check again in 24 hours.

Ok now the cruise critic response…

what cabin were you originally in

what did you upgrade to and

what was minimum bid and what bid did it take to win?

We are newbies at this, and I'm not even sure we made the right call.  I haven't been on a cruise in 12 years (celebrating my parent's 50th with 11 family members in 2010) and my husband has never been on one!! 

We are two retired school teachers...We just went from a balcony to spacious balcony, lol.  We bid the minimum, I believe.  

Just got off the phone with RC...she said it would be changed during boarding, which seems odd to me.  Doesn't that hold up the process?  I've already printed boarding pass and luggage tags...

We are excited, nonetheless!!  I just like all my ducks in a row!!

10 minutes ago, Terri Smith Johnson said:

We are newbies at this, and I'm not even sure we made the right call.  I haven't been on a cruise in 12 years (celebrating my parent's 50th with 11 family members in 2010) and my husband has never been on one!! 

We are two retired school teachers...We just went from a balcony to spacious balcony, lol.  We bid the minimum, I believe.  

Just got off the phone with RC...she said it would be changed during boarding, which seems odd to me.  Doesn't that hold up the process?  I've already printed boarding pass and luggage tags...

We are excited, nonetheless!!  I just like all my ducks in a row!!

If you've been RoyalUp'ed you should see your new cabin number in the app and when you log into the website.  Print new luggage tags or else your luggage will be found outside your old cabin upon boarding.  Luggage tags are old school.  They simply tell handlers what cabin to send them to.  They are not scanned and will not be updated during the loading process.  

7 minutes ago, twangster said:

If you've been RoyalUp'ed you should see your new cabin number in the app and when you log into the website.  Print new luggage tags or else your luggage will be found outside your old cabin upon boarding.  Luggage tags are old school.  They simply tell handlers what cabin to send them to.  They are not scanned and will not be updated during the loading process.  

Thank you!

• 5 weeks later...

Can anyone give an idea of what you have had as an accepting upgrade bid in the past?  We are sailing for the first time in June, chose interior room to keep cost down, but would love to win a bid and surprise the family!  Just looking for a ballpark idea on what to expect.  And does anyone know if the ships are still at 50%??

There are a lot of IFS in your oost.

WHAT ship?

WHAT ports?

WHAT Cabin upgrades did you bid on?

For example Anthem out of Cape Liberty, Enchantment out of Baltimore is different than Symphony out of Miami or Liberty ...they are all different class ships.

Jumping from interior to a balcony is several jumps and bids may vary due to the week you sail.... And again the ship plus itinerary.

Just bid on the amount you feel comfortable with paying in the end.  Don't try to game it.  

I would highly highly highly doubt it will be 50%.  Last I read they are at 80+%. 

4 hours ago, Kellyrich said:

Can anyone give an idea of what you have had as an accepting upgrade bid in the past?  We are sailing for the first time in June, chose interior room to keep cost down, but would love to win a bid and surprise the family!  Just looking for a ballpark idea on what to expect.  And does anyone know if the ships are still at 50%??

There is no good way to estimate.  Feel free to bid whatever you feel is something you can afford but always be prepared to sail in what you booked.  

Some people are willing to pay a lot, some people get caught in the game paying more than they probably meant to, most people by a large margin don't win a RoyalUp bid.

4 hours ago, Kellyrich said:

hi. i am going to alaska in june. i talked to someone from royal yesterday on the phone and asked them how full my sailing was. they said it was actually almost sold out at a 50% capacity. so thats for my sailing but im assuming all would be the same.