xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Sep 18, 2022 - Sep 25, 2022 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)

Hello everyone!!!

My wife and I are celebrating our 8th Wedding Anniversary on this cruise and it is our first cruise ALONE together. Super excited and any advice would be appreciated. Looking to start booking excursions ASAP so we are able to get a spot. I also saw there is some room packages for anniversaries, such as decorations. Does the boat setup the decorations in your room for you or would you have to do this yourself?

If we don't book anything for each port we stop at, what are everyone's opinions on local excursions that are not setup through Royal Caribbean? Do you suggest booking through the cruise itself, rather than local?

If you're on this cruise, give a shout out!!! 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • AshleyDillo changed the title to Oasis of the Seas - Sep 18, 2022 - Sep 25, 2022 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)
  • 1 month later...

Hello everybody! I will be sailing as a solo,and celebrating my birthday, oh! and i forgot to mention its my first ever solo vacation, and my first ever cruise! Looking forward to an amazing vaction! See you all on board! 🙂 As a side note,dont be shy say hi! Im probably going to be easy to spot as i will always probably be lost. Haha! 🙂

9 hours ago, coneyraven said:

Well shit Paul, I didn't realize that was you ..... lol

I come over here to discuss some very twisted problems I see with RCL from time to time. Little fun things like taking 100 days to get a refund or screwing up FCC so bad that it took 30 hurs total phone time and I still don't know if its really fixed... That or C+A losing 14 years and about 40 points. No receipts or sea passes to prove my case but some photos momentos and previous Platinum and Emerald pins to present to a loyalty ambassador... ... . Happened around time of friendly divorce from ex. She had her points slashed as well   but she just switched  cruise lines...  So I am lucky enough to have done gold twice and second time at Platinum . I'll do a second emerald  (where I should be) and eventually I will be "The one" that took 148 days to diamond 🤣... I dont really care, not missing much, I dont drink or wear bathrobes .... 

Just looking forward to this run. If that loyalty ambassador does the right thing for me I'll likely book a few before I get off. Trans Atlantic, Alaska, Western with Roatan in the cards then an ABC with a possible Trans Pacific if I can figure  how to touch Bora Bora (bucket list thing). I'll turn up the heat as I'm semi retiring after this Jersey season. When  a couple more things fall in place I'll get really busy cruising ,like a week a month... 

On 6/4/2022 at 1:19 PM, spursfan35 said:

Hello everybody! I will be sailing as a solo,and celebrating my birthday, oh! and i forgot to mention its my first ever solo vacation, and my first ever cruise! Looking forward to an amazing vaction! See you all on board! 🙂 As a side note,dont be shy say hi! Im probably going to be easy to spot as i will always probably be lost. Haha! 🙂

If you haven't done so already, don't forget to join our Facebook Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/280144957080785

10 hours ago, deep1 said:

Just looking forward to this run. If that loyalty ambassador does the right thing for me I'll likely book a few before I get off. Trans Atlantic, Alaska, Western with Roatan in the cards then an ABC with a possible Trans Pacific if I can figure  how to touch Bora Bora (bucket list thing). I'll turn up the heat as I'm semi retiring after this Jersey season. When  a couple more things fall in place I'll get really busy cruising ,like a week a month... 

One of the things I DO know we'll be booking while we're on board..... Jewel out of SJ on 2/17/24 .... St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Trinidad & Tobago --- We have several friends going, so, this one is a done deal.  I think what I'm most looking forward to is Trinidad & Tobago.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey everyone,we are getting so incredibly close. The excitment is building for my first cruise. All my excursions are booked, got my drink package but i feel like im still missing something to finish off my cruise expierence. I was thinking about adding chops, or izumi habachi any feeding back or should i just book both? 😆

10 hours ago, spursfan35 said:

Hey everyone,we are getting so incredibly close. The excitment is building for my first cruise. All my excursions are booked, got my drink package but i feel like im still missing something to finish off my cruise expierence. I was thinking about adding chops, or izumi habachi any feeding back or should i just book both? 😆

Congratulations on your upcoming FIRST CRUISE !  So exciting.

Since it is your first cruise, I strongly recommend that you just stick with the complimentary dining options b/c there are a LOT of them on Oasis.  Trust me, with all of the options on the Oasis class ships you will never have to eat at the same place twice EVEN if you do not have any specialty dining.  Try the included stuff first and then if you feel like you want to venture into specialty dining next time, it will all be new again !

Whatever you decide to do, ENJOY !  You are going to have such a great time.

On 7/29/2022 at 11:25 PM, spursfan35 said:

Are you in the Facebook Group yet..... scroll up to almost the top of this thread for a link.  See you on board.  Mark

3 hours ago, BrianB said:

Check in is now open.

I checked in last night at midnight…got a 10am arrival time.

I just checked now…and there are 10:30 slots available.

I think a lot of us waited up till midnight.  A person in the Facebook Group said he tried to check in at 1:00 and all the 10:00 slots were filled. 

Brian, are you in the Facebook Group?   Here's a link   https://www.facebook.com/groups/280144957080785

I got on line at 12:30 and 10 was already gone. I got 10:30 at 12:34. Yes, a lot waited up in the night to book and at some point, yesterday morn I think the count was 92 from the group who reported as checked in. Probably a lot more...

• 2 weeks later...

Now all we need is for RCL to drop those tests all together. The place I booked to test at just closed up shop and vanished. Local CVS and Walgreen's cancelling left and right and even closing stores for hours and some days cause they can't get hired help. 

14 hours ago, deep1 said:

Now all we need is for RCL to drop those tests all together. The place I booked to test at just closed up shop and vanished. Local CVS and Walgreen's cancelling left and right and even closing stores for hours and some days cause they can't get hired help. 

Just for kicks, I just checked the one we've always used (about a 90 minute drive from the house) --- Nope, not available now.  The closest one is in Winchester, VA (about 2 hours from us) ---- ugh, this has GOT to end.

On 8/16/2022 at 12:19 PM, coneyraven said:

Just for kicks, I just checked the one we've always used (about a 90 minute drive from the house) --- Nope, not available now.  The closest one is in Winchester, VA (about 2 hours from us) ---- ugh, this has GOT to end.

I'm really having a bad time trying to find a reasonable replacement that can do quick testing at all. 

• SpeedNoodles changed the title to xSAILEDx Oasis of the Seas - Sep 18, 2022 - Sep 25, 2022 (7 Night Perfect Day Bahamas Cruise)