Drinks

24 minutes ago, Tim S said:

Can someone tell me how soon and where in the morning I can get a bloody Mary to get the day starting off?

Looking on Cruise Compass do not see any bar open in the morning!

Thanks

I've seen mobile bars serving mimosas and bloody Mary's at the entrance to the Windjammer and in the promenade in the mornings. 

13 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I always get my Bloody Mary at the Windjammer bar.  I can't say what time, the nearest that I can narrow it down is "breakfast-ish time".

If they didn't want you to have alcohol at breakfast time, they wouldn't make alcoholic drinks with breakfast beverages! 

(Orange juice, tomato juice, coffee, etc.)

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

I've always wondered, if a cocktail with no alcohol is virgin, what do you call a cocktail with no mixers?  I have some suggestions but this is a PG rated forum.

Isn't that technically just a shot or a shooter, albeit a really big one for some of those multiple liquor drinks.

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Isn't that technically just a shot or a shooter, albeit a really big one for some of those multiple liquor drinks.

Yes, as a life-long bartender we would call that one of two things (just a little lesson):

1. Shot/shooter if served straight in the glass (no ice/mixer). Also known as "up" as in "straight up".

2. If over ice it's called "on the rocks"

Getting a drink "up" also uses a few other terms:

Up - straight up, outta the bottle into the glass (aka neat shot)

Up Neat - Same as above (usually a double, though)

Up Chilled - straight out of the bottle, shaken over ice, then strained into a shooter/shot glass.

Keep in mind drinks like the martini are made with no mixers (unless it is a dirty martini, lemon drop, etc.).