No test for consecutive cruisers...aka S2S

Ampurp85

RCG originally stated that if you are sailing within 3 days on another of their ships they would test you. This is no longer the case according to Indy's guest services. I was just informed that if you aren't on a B2B,meaning same ship, they will not test you. You have find your own test or make an appointment to test at the port for $105+. The crew member said all information regarding free testing for S2S have been removed from the website. This supposedly happen a little bit after they removed free testing for Canadians. I spoke to several reps who said it was still a thing only 2 days before I sailed. I packed an extra home test, which is great for my second cruise. But now I'm hoping to schedule something for my 3rd cruise.

After a little woosa, I have to remind myself to have patience. RCG needs to get better at providing clear communication.

https://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Deployment/2021_2022/RTS_FAQs.pdf

Page 25 or 26. 

Verbiage as above but also states they will evaluate as situation evolves.  Date of latest FAQ is Jan 8 so only 4 days old.

RETURN TO SERVICE FAQS

Updated January 8, 2022

Valid through March 2022 or sailings departing from U.S. Homeports, Puerto Rico & Barbados

Can I book back-to-back cruises at this time? Yep! We welcome guests to cruise on as many back-to-back cruises as they wish, including kids of any vaccination status. The travel requirements and health protocols are the same as a single cruise, and backto-back cruisers will need to meet all those requirements. For subsequent cruises, the "pre-cruise test" requirement is fulfilled by a test between cruises. All guests 2 years of age and older, regardless of vaccination status, are required to take a COVID-19 test producing negative results between each sailing. This test will be arranged by Royal Caribbean at no expense to the guest, as long as your consecutive cruises are less than 3 days apart. Visit Guest Services while onboard to arrange this test ahead of your next cruise. We will continue to evaluate this policy as public health guidance evolves.

So update:

This policy is still affect. My TA was able to get my test scheduled on disembarkment day. It seems that the crew on Indy was very much confused. Maybe thet have only had B2B guest,  whatever the case, if you sail on them and will sail another ship soon.....have a wonderful TA. This was the only hiccup on an otherwise amazing cruise.

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

So update:

This policy is still affect. My TA was able to get my test scheduled on disembarkment day. It seems that the crew on Indy was very much confused. Maybe thet have only had B2B guest,  whatever the case, if you sail on them and will sail another ship soon.....have a wonderful TA. This was the only hiccup on an otherwise amazing cruise.

I wish I could have seen the look from the GS staff when they realized that you were right and they had declared, so adamantly, that you were wrong.  So glad it all worked out.

11 minutes ago, twangster said:

Indy was the ship that told me they are not required to follow the protocols set forth by HQ and they set their own.  For example the website showed venues that were Vaccinated Only and "Everyone" but Indy ignored that and they established which venues were vax only.  

I think the ship is living up to its name