The only thing I look forward to on disembarkation day is walking by the “Table of Shame”.  For those of you who have not seen it or do not know what it is, the table of shame is usually one of the last things you pass before picking up your luggage.  What looks like a few port employees having the worlds worst yard sale is really just the place for you to pickup anything that was confiscated from you on embarkation day.

I love to look at what is there and would love to see if we could get members of this group to snap photos and post them here for us all to enjoy.

We sailed Odyssey on the NYE cruise and the table of shame was top-notch.  I saw a full size stand up fan, the kind with the round base that oscillates, a space heater and several irons.  I’m kicking myself for not snapping a photo to kick this thread off properly.

The table was outside the terminal down by where ride shares pick up when we got off Oasis on 12/26. I looked over as we were waiting on our Lyft driver, but didn't walk over to "peruse the goods" so to speak. I did see from where I was standing a full size iron and a fan on the table. DW, the porter, and I were all laughing at what people think they can bring onboard. 

8 hours ago, fa-li said:

What do you suppose they do with the stuff no one picks up?

The guidelines are that everything is thrown away.  However I am sure a lot of stuff is picked up by people who work there or hopefully donated to a place that resells stuff.

Never had anything on the table of shame but on my B2B I had a dive knife in a pocket of my BCD.  Sadly didn't notice it when I was checking stuff, even worse I passed through security 3 times with my BCD not to mention that it was in my bag when I boarded the ship.  Had to pick it up at the entrance office in Galveston.  When the security guy spotted it on the xray he was all excited and then when he saw it I think he was tempted to just send me on my way, LOL.  2.3 inch blunt tip blade and 7 inches overall, more handle than blade.

51XJD8ZOD7L._AC_SL1200_.jpg

I'm about to go on my first cruise; I'm hoping NOT to have to pick things up from the table of shame! 

Can y'all tell me if the following will be ok to bring? 

blunt-tip (child-safe type) small scissors - no sharp point

NON-surge protected power cube (that has a cord)

circular knitting needles

6 minutes ago, skittermagoo said:

I'm about to go on my first cruise; I'm hoping NOT to have to pick things up from the table of shame! 

Hi. This is helpful if not seen before. https://www.royalcaribbean.com/gbr/en/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

Small scissors will be fine. 

It says no power cables but others will have more experience on if they do get taken as have seen other posts about non-surge being ok.

No idea on knitting needles I'm afraid - assume somebody will know. 

Enjoy....! 

5 hours ago, skittermagoo said:

No power cables at all. (Tried taking a 3 plug dollar tree one on our 2019 cruise and it was a no go. In fact that was the primary item on the table of shame)

USB charging hubs are still allowed though