Can I move my booking to a TA to manage?

RG-IE

I made a booking online via royalcarribean.com, I would like to change the booking to a different sailing on the same weekend to cruise with friends instead. Would my best option to do this through a TA or myself over the phone? Booking was made 11 Nov for Sailing in Sep 22. I booked online in Ireland so the re-price/rebook option isn't available to me for sailings after 31 May but if I can move to a US based TA I may be able to avail of the re pricing option.

You can, but only if it's within 30 days of when you first booked. Also, this is true for the US, not sure if it applies if you are outside the US.  It used to be 60 days, but that has since changed. 

(I found this out the hard way; I found out about being able to transfer to a TA 32 days after I booked my cruise, so I just missed the window). 

If you cannot move your booking to a TA, try calling the Royal number for bookings.  Since you booked in November...you should be able to cancel through CWC and then book the cruise that your friends have.  Only possible problem would be the issuing of your FCC timeframe.  But since the cruise you want to book is not until September, you likely would only need to pay the deposit and once you receive the FCC info you can use that for the balance.  Of course, using a TA would be the better option but if you absolutely cannot transfer at this point then the CWC is most likely your next option.

Hope it all works out for you!

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

If you cannot move your booking to a TA, try calling the Royal number for bookings.  Since you booked in November...you should be able to cancel through CWC and then book the cruise that your friends have.  Only possible problem would be the issuing of your FCC timeframe.  But since the cruise you want to book is not until September, you likely would only need to pay the deposit and once you receive the FCC info you can use that for the balance.  Of course, using a TA would be the better option but if you absolutely cannot transfer at this point then the CWC is most likely your next option.

Hope it all works out for you!

Thanks for the info! I have emailed MEI travel to see what they say first and if that fails, it's on the phone I go to Royal to try switch it!

I'll listen to @Matt going forward, use a TA!