Cafe Select Coffee Card

Yak

If it's on your cruise planner, then it will be valid for your sailing. Sometimes (up to the discretion of staff onboard) it can also be used on other sailings if you have drinks left over. Whether one punch equals one beverage or one shot of espresso also seems to be at the discretion of staff - i.e. a beverage with a double shot of espresso might count as 2 punches, even though it's only a single drink.

RC's policy inconsistencies can be seen in this thread:

• 2 weeks later...

So the price on this is total, it sounds like? Not per day? So if it is listed on my cruise for $32, I get 15 specialty coffees for $32? That seems like a great deal if you drink coffee, or am I not understanding it completely? Can the person holding it get two at a time and share, or is that against policy?

On 1/29/2022 at 6:14 PM, jbrinkm said:

So the price on this is total, it sounds like? Not per day? So if it is listed on my cruise for $32, I get 15 specialty coffees for $32? That seems like a great deal if you drink coffee, or am I not understanding it completely? Can the person holding it get two at a time and share, or is that against policy?

Despite the wording on the website, some ships treat those cards as 15 shots of espresso not 15 drinks.  Depending on what you drink, that seriously changes the math so you may want to wait until boarding before purchasing.

11 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Despite the wording on the website, some ships treat those cards as 15 shots of espresso not 15 drinks.  Depending on what you drink, that seriously changes the math so you may want to wait until boarding before purchasing.

Thank you - and that's ok. Considering that specialty coffees near me are at least $4 for a double shot, I at least feel like I'm not being overcharged with the coffee card - it might be a deal, or it might just be on par with what I'm used to paying.