Allure of the Seas repositioning 05NOV22 has 'cancelled'

LonB

We had booked a repositioning ship (by design, as we've always wanted to do that)  -- We just got notification that it's cancelled, as the Allure is going to be in Galveston 'earlier' -- but nothing is on the website -- the cruise we booked is still there.  

A -- How long do yall think it will take for Royal to update it.  (We're flexible with dates and would like to stay on the Allure reposition) 

B -- Is here anyway to search for just reposition cruises that anyone is aware of? 

Thanks!! 

We were on this sailing as well. I am on the phone with RCC now and they are not booking a repositioning sailing in its place. The replacement options offered do not have our cabin category available either. we were in Grand Suite and none are available for any of the offerings. They have escalated to a new department to see if they can "find" a GS. Point to all of that, dont wait too long to contact them if cabin category matters.  They are essentially merging us into already booked up cruises.

9 minutes ago, Tmsmith said:

We were on this sailing as well. I am on the phone with RCC now and they are not booking a repositioning sailing in its place. The replacement options offered do not have our cabin category available either. we were in Grand Suite and none are available for any of the offerings. They have escalated to a new department to see if they can "find" a GS. Point to all of that, dont wait too long to contact them if cabin category matters.  They are essentially merging us into already booked up cruises.

Please report back with your findings. I’m in a two bedroom grand suite on cancelled sailing. None available on offered replacement dates. Maybe they will open up more dates or ships for transfer?

36 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Please report back with your findings. I’m in a two bedroom grand suite on cancelled sailing. None available on offered replacement dates. Maybe they will open up more dates or ships for transfer?

After 1.5 hrs on the phone, there are no equivalent  cabins available so nothing they can or will do. Only options are rebook at non-guaranteed rate or refund. All GSs for non-offerred options are more than double, sometimes 3x, what we paid. 

This is the first time I can honestly say I may be done with RCC.

Popped on to see what they meant by "earlier" but as of right now Allure's earliest sailing out of Galveston is Nov 13.

Of course seeing that all of this just happened whatever "earlier" dates they were mentioning may not be available yet while RC customer service scrambles to make it right for those impacted.

1 hour ago, Zurc said:

Where do you see this?  I don’t see it in either the App or Royal’s site.  Thanks!

I see it when I go to www.royalcaribean.com/account.  I never received any notification about it though. 

Thank you to @LonB for starting this thread.  I'll contact my TA today about it.