Pickleball if they have it on the Royal Caribbean ship you are traveling

albhms69

I would look at the Cruise Compass for the ship you are traveling on.  Next I would find the most current one and then check each day under entertainment  They should list Open play pickleball and times.  If there isn't any times slotted for pickleball then the ship doesn't have pickleball equipment.  Looks like the Allure of the Seas has it.  Open play on 3 courts 6 out of 7 days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
4 hours ago, BigDonLouie said:

Is Pickleball available on Symphoney of the Seas?  Do you need to bring your own equipment?   Thanks

Yes, it is played and they have equipment. 

2 hours ago, Coda_Sarah said:

I’m a new pickleball player, but my wife doesn’t play.  Are there opportunities to play on board with others?

I was on Oasis a couple of weeks ago and the three courts were full with a few waiting. Pickleball central rally paddles and looked like onix balls were available to use and a couple people had brought their own paddles.  We just watched, but looked like people were playing a game and then rotating out if people waiting. 

10 hours ago, HillaryG said:

Yes, it is played and they have equipment. 

I was on Oasis a couple of weeks ago and the three courts were full with a few waiting. Pickleball central rally paddles and looked like onix balls were available to use and a couple people had brought their own paddles.  We just watched, but looked like people were playing a game and then rotating out if people waiting. 

Okay, thanks.  I guess I'm wondering if there were single players too?  If folks show up with someone to play with or if single players come to just play with others.  

On 1/15/2022 at 4:42 PM, twangster said:

384892721_ScreenShot2022-01-14at10_46_35PM.thumb.jpg.e38143130857c5ccaff9c477347e552d.jpg

This doesnt list Quantum of the Seas - but its in the cruise compass - given it just needs some small bats and balls and a court - i would say any ship with courts on it (is that all ships?) will offer it.  Easy cheap way to add to the entertainment roster.   

On 9/8/2022 at 7:17 AM, Coda_Sarah said:

Okay, thanks.  I guess I'm wondering if there were single players too?  If folks show up with someone to play with or if single players come to just play with others.  

It could be different from sailing to sailing, but I would think a single player could get into the mix of play.  My husband and I were standing around watching and people asked us if we wanted to play and get into the next game going out.   I would say some of the people playing on the ships have played on land and on land tends to be rotational play, allowing for single players to mix in.   Enjoy 🙂

• 4 months later...
19 hours ago, Suzie McDaniel said:

Anyone have any experience with pickleball on Adventure of the Seas?

It was available on our sailing a couple of weeks ago.  However, only while in port, as they had the sports court and rock wall closed whenever the ship was in motion, due to maintenance on the stack, and concerns of debris from the maintenance falling in those areas.  Hopefully they have than maintenance done by now, or very soon.

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Bumping this again to ask what the experience is like if you've never played pickleball? Are people patient, or intense/competitive? I've played tennis (not well) so perhaps that would give me some insight? Has anyone ever seen a "learn to play pickleball" offering on a ship?

I watched from the Diamond Lounge patio area on Explorer last week and it seemed to be a mix and the better players were tolerant and teaching those new to the game. The dynamics will always depend on who is participating. I would hope everyone is there to have an enjoyable time and not just to "win".