Port Canaveral

Nate Y

I hope its not too off-topic to ask about a departure port rather than a port of call.

Is there anything good to do in Port Canaveral the late night before a cruise or the morning before?  I'm looking at the Manatee Sanctuary Park under a mile from our hotel, though it sounds like its out of season for the manatees to be grazing.

Not sure where to ask this.  Our family ride from MCO to Port Canaveral had to cancel.  Is there a reasonable solution to get from the airport to the port in the late afternoon/early evening?  All the shuttles I see cater to same day departures but we're leaving the next day.  Was hoping to save some money over Lyft.

If you have an extra day and looking for an economical solution,  why don't you book lodging in Cocoa Beach and rent a car, going one way from MCO to the Port. I think some of the lodging may have shuttles, and if so,  you can drop the car off early. 

Obviously,  the big attraction in Cape Canaveral is NASA, but of educational science is not your thing while on vacation,  Cocoa Beach has a nice beach. I believe the very first Ron Jon's surf shop is there.