At-home covid tests now covered by insurance

53 minutes ago, Bart said:

I didn't think the cruise lines accepted over-the-counter test. I thought they required proctored test which requires a prescription. 

Binax has an over the counter test that is proctored via video call - no Rx needed. It's not available at the drugstore and not valid for under unvaccinated under 12 since they would need a PCR. Royal Caribbean has a link to purchase on their website. 

14 hours ago, melmar02 said:

Binax has an over the counter test that is proctored via video call - no Rx needed. It's not available at the drugstore and not valid for under unvaccinated under 12 since they would need a PCR. Royal Caribbean has a link to purchase on their website. 

From the Royal link - ie Optum  they are providing a Rx in the background that you never actually see, just like CVS and Walgreens do for tests. a test for cruises

Also Optum even back in Oct provides a statement / receipt that can be sent to your insurance.  eMed I have not seen one but really didn't look.

for me its to much hassle to jump through hoops for $30 a test for cruises to seek insurance reimbursment, i just consider it as Cost of Cruise.

6 hours ago, Cameron said:

Just for laughs, I am reading that it is not covered by Medicare (no information on supplemental/advantage plans or part D).  Also when out of network reimbursement is only up to $12.00.  Binax-now $69.00 plus tax for two...

Wait till after 1/15 to look. It’s not in effect yet m. 

7 hours ago, Cameron said:

Just for laughs, I am reading that it is not covered by Medicare (no information on supplemental/advantage plans or part D).  Also when out of network reimbursement is only up to $12.00.  Binax-now $69.00 plus tax for two...

The out of network $12 only applies if your provider offers them in network to begin with. Still lots of TBDs on how providers will navigate the ruling.

36 minutes ago, Cathyp said:

The Binax test are Rx. That mean prescription. Insurance company’s are covering home tests not including the rx home tests. It’s the cost of cruising during a pandemic. 

The tests are OTC. You do not need a prescription to buy and take the tests.  The "prescription" is the proctoring part of it that's completely optional.