Can I use one board/store credit for purchasing Drink package in advance

Hi,

I'm going to my very first cruise in February on Allure of the seas. At my online account I get a credit of US 50. I purchased a deluxe beverage package. After purchasing the reduced the price by 50 Dollars. My balance went from US 50 to Zero. Now after a few days I got a balance from Royal Caribbean which said I have to pay the 50 Dollars. I don't get it what for is that amount of 50 Dollars when I can't use ist to pay for packages in advance. I mean it worked in the first time now i Have to pay back. Can someone explain please ?

Another thing is the cruise is a 6 night cruise but the package price is for 7 Days. On the 7th day we arriver very early in the morning. So I just will have breakfast and than head to the airport to catch my flight. So for me its a ripp off to charge 66 Dollars for day 7. Is that correct? I got no answer from Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for your answers

1 hour ago, Michael_Austria said:

Hi,

I'm going to my very first cruise in February on Allure of the seas. At my online account I get a credit of US 50. I purchased a deluxe beverage package. After purchasing the reduced the price by 50 Dollars. My balance went from US 50 to Zero. Now after a few days I got a balance from Royal Caribbean which said I have to pay the 50 Dollars. I don't get it what for is that amount of 50 Dollars when I can't use ist to pay for packages in advance. I mean it worked in the first time now i Have to pay back. Can someone explain please ?

Another thing is the cruise is a 6 night cruise but the package price is for 7 Days. On the 7th day we arriver very early in the morning. So I just will have breakfast and than head to the airport to catch my flight. So for me its a ripp off to charge 66 Dollars for day 7. Is that correct? I got no answer from Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for your answers

It should only charge you for 6 days ….. but there is an 18% gratuity added in the cart before you pay, that might be why you’re  thinking it’s charging for 7 days.  I’d call Royal about the $50 it’s saying you owe now, it sounds like your $50 On Board Credit was somehow removed after you used it to buy the package.

2 hours ago, Marlena said:

So does OBC get returned to you if you cancel a purchase?

Yes, and most of the time it's immediately/almost immediately.  Even back in the mass "when are we getting our refunds" era at the start of the shutdown, my OBC was always back in my account no later than 48 hours after I canceled something.