do you quarantine in your cabin if you test positive for COVID?

zjennk

We are scheduled for the Vision in March to the Southern Caribbean and have a booked a nice  corner aft jr suite with the larger balcony.  I wouldn't mind quarantining in that cabin but I think you are moved to  "covid deck" right?  I am very clausterphobic and can not be in an interior room. Then my husband would get to stay in the jr suite?  I know March is still a ways away and they canceled cruises until the beginning of March for the Vision of the Seas. 

Protocols evolve and change so what has happened in the past and what is occurring right now may not be proof of what will occur in March.

It does not seem they look at your cabin to determine where you will quarantine in most cases.  The largest determining factor appears to when you are required to quarantine.  Positive on day 2 from infection on a plane or Uber may yield a different result from a day 6 positive on a 7 night cruise.  

In reality no one knows what will occur in March.  We can speculate and make guesses but we just don't know.  

I mentioned this in a comment on youtube for La Lido Loca talking about a couple quarantined on Royal:

I would HATE to have to get moved from my lovely Grand Suite to a low-deck ocean view. I would feel like I'm in trouble or being punished and I think it would really sour me on a lot of things. I understand that they want to keep people contained to prevent the spread but I feel like the idea of putting someone in an ocean view is from the statistics that most passengers are staying in balconies or lower and therefore aren't losing too much in the way of space or comfort.

Again, I understand they have to do it  I just pray it never happens to me.