Jump to content

Upgrade - 20 Days Out/Cannot Modify and or Cancel


Recommended Posts

Has this happened to anyone at anytime, I placed a bid and I cannot modify and or cancel the bid and I am still about 20 days out from cruising?  I was going to change the bid (up the amount), and now I can't so I am hoping this might be good news!  Also will your money get refunded if RC cancels the cruise back to the CC or is it FFC?

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, not easy being green said:

Has this happened to anyone at anytime, I placed a bid and I cannot modify and or cancel the bid and I am still about 20 days out from cruising?  I was going to change the bid (up the amount), and now I can't so I am hoping this might be good news!  Also will your money get refunded if RC cancels the cruise back to the CC or is it FFC?

Thanks!

 

So far on the cancelled cruises, Royal has said they’re giving BOTH a 100% Refund AND a 100% FCC …… It almost makes me hope my 2/12 Symphony cruise gets cancelled ……. I wouldn’t mind getting 8k cash back to my credit card plus 8k in FCC for another cruise LOL 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

 

So far on the cancelled cruises, Royal has said they’re giving BOTH a 100% Refund AND a 100% FCC …… It almost makes me hope my 2/12 Symphony cruise gets cancelled ……. I wouldn’t mind getting 8k cash back to my credit card plus 8k in FCC for another cruise LOL 

 

I believe the 'double' refund was only rewarded to those on the January 8 and 9 sailing because of the short time frame of the cancellation.  I think the other cancelled cruises are offering only one or the other option (possibly 125% FCC).  This is just me trying to remember what I have already read in these threads, of course!!  I could be wrong!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I believe the 'double' refund was only rewarded to those on the January 8 and 9 sailing because of the short time frame of the cancellation.  I think the other cancelled cruises are offering only one or the other option (possibly 125% FCC).  This is just me trying to remember what I have already read in these threads, of course!!  I could be wrong!


Darn, then my sailing better not get cancelled LOL 😂 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, not easy being green said:

Has this happened to anyone at anytime, I placed a bid and I cannot modify and or cancel the bid and I am still about 20 days out from cruising?  I was going to change the bid (up the amount), and now I can't so I am hoping this might be good news!  Also will your money get refunded if RC cancels the cruise back to the CC or is it FFC?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, Lsebastian7704 said:

Same here mine is in 14 days, 2 of the bids are expired and the 3rd is still pending but I can't change the amount.  Fingers crossed and good luck on yours !! 

One bid showing as pending but removing the option to modify the bid is usually a really strong indicator that you are likely to win the bid, but not a guarantee. Best of luck to both of you! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad news, and sad news....

First I had a charge on my CC that I thought might have been the Royal up (it was not), in fact the CC was compromised.  I had charges in three different places, Japan, Australia, and Mexico.  When I found out I remembered that this was the card I used for Royal up and it looks like I cannot change the card so if I win I lose.

I have called RC three different times and I am still getting the same answer "we can't do anything", I even spoke to the dreaded IT department, or at least that is what they said.

Now I am just hoping that we go, any room is better than no room

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, not easy being green said:

When I found out I remembered that this was the card I used for Royal up and it looks like I cannot change the card so if I win I lose.

I have called RC three different times and I am still getting the same answer "we can't do anything", I even spoke to the dreaded IT department, or at least that is what they said.

I've previously had to close a card due to fraud but was expecting a known large charge to come through very soon.  Chase allowed me to keep the original card active but restricted to that one known vendor while blocking all other activity.  If your cruise/RoyalUp is coming soon, you might be able to ask your card company to do something similar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, not easy being green said:

Bad news, and sad news....

First I had a charge on my CC that I thought might have been the Royal up (it was not), in fact the CC was compromised.  I had charges in three different places, Japan, Australia, and Mexico.  When I found out I remembered that this was the card I used for Royal up and it looks like I cannot change the card so if I win I lose.

I have called RC three different times and I am still getting the same answer "we can't do anything", I even spoke to the dreaded IT department, or at least that is what they said.

Now I am just hoping that we go, any room is better than no room

Yes, that exact thing happened to me.  If you win your bid, you will get an email notifying you that your card cannot be processed and it will direct you to a web page where you can put in the new credit card.  I was a bit panicky because even when I did that I think it took half a day to get final notification that it all went through, but all was fine.

I literally put email notifications back on my phone and turned my sound on while I was waiting (I never use email notifications or have my sound on my phone, so this was a big deal for me).  I wanted immediate notification when that email came through to update it!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...