post Cruise Pier Side testing info/experiences

Tanner

Just starting this thread since the post cruise test are moving pier side (and will soon* be at your own expense).  Luckily RC is cover the cost for another month or so.   

Hoping people will post their info/experiences here to shed some light on how this process rolls out.  We sail Jan 15-23 on Odyssey.  

We are Canadians requiring a PCR test to head to the airport and fly home.  This has been described as a test go but specifically I'd love any info on how long results take.

Is it still Bio-reference?  A different company?  Anyone have any tests completed or info to share that would be helpful.   

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

Actually, I'd be more surprised if folks here have.  It's a last-resort option.

I thought post cruise pier side testing was the only option since they are no longer doing it on the ship?  They are still covering the cost for the next little bit.

The website does read that the testing to return to another country that Royal is covering costs for until January 31, 2022 is done pier side rather than on the ship as it has been done.  I haven't seen any reports yet from people who didn't get those tests actually completed on the ship though. Probably has been such a recent change and with the population of folks who do require this test means that we don't have a big enough pool people who have completed this step who are also on these boards to report back.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/when-to-take-a-test-if-traveling-to-us-from-another-country

For Sailings Departing January 5, 2022 through January 31, 2022

Optional testing to satisfy your International Re-Entry Testing requirement is offered just outside the terminal after you disembark the ship, through our test provider partners. The cost of this testing is covered by Royal Caribbean for sailings departing through January 31, 2022. Both PCR and antigen “swab and go” tests are offered, with results emailed to you within an hour after testing. Once onboard, you will receive further guidance on how to schedule a test appointment.

@Ampurp85 is currently on Indy and was given information on how to register for testing outside the terminal though, so it appears they give you a flyer with a QR code that takes you to a site to register for the test.  If this is indeed the testing that they are doing for the out of US travelers, I'm not sure how they are waiving the costs.  Don't know if you they are wanting you to pay at the time you make the appointment or the time of the testing (but per the website the cost is to be waived through January 31 for the out of the country guests.

We were On the Oasis sailing January 2-9th.  Prior to sailing we were advised by RCCL that we would be tested on the ship as we sailed before the January 5th cut-off date. However, once on board, we were told that they were no longer performing tests on the ship and that testing would be provided across from the terminal when we disembarked.  The process was super easy.  We walked over and uploaded all of our pertinent information and the tests were performed by a company called Covid Testing LLC.  It was a full PCR test and we were not charged.  We were told results would be in about 2 hours.  It took about 2 1/2 hours for our results to be emailed.  Very seamless process.  

On 1/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, Tanner said:

Just starting this thread since the post cruise test are moving pier side (and will soon* be at your own expense).  Luckily RC is cover the cost for another month or so.   

Hoping people will post their info/experiences here to shed some light on how this process rolls out.  We sail Jan 15-23 on Odyssey.  

We are Canadians requiring a PCR test to head to the airport and fly home.  This has been described as a test go but specifically I'd love any info on how long results take.

Is it still Bio-reference?  A different company?  Anyone have any tests completed or info to share that would be helpful.   

I had a terrible experience last week with the post cruise pier side test (it was not through Royal). The company partnered with the cruise line had a folding table setup in the parking lot, required us to swab ourselves, and 2.5 hours later (after promising 45 minute results) emailed us saying both our test were “inconclusive”. We got retested at the airport with rapid PCR and had our results quickly. I will not use pier side testing again. I would be willing to pay to have the test done on board but without that option I will pay the extra to test at the airport.

I'll respond to my own post for info purposes.  We got off Odyssey Jan 23 in Ft Lauderdale.  There was zero signage on where to go but the pier staff pointed us in the right direction.  The company was still Bio-reference who we have seen multiple times.  The process was quick and the results came in about an hour.  This was still free for the time being but like @Vancity Cruiser said I think when it comes time to pay for this service I'll just do it at the airport.  If there are any issues with the test or emailing results I'd rather have someone to go talk to you as oppose to being at the airport with the testing location being else where.