Labadee (+Arawak Aqua Park) questions, teens vs adults

jbrinkm

For those of you who have done the Arawak Aqua park, do you know if you have to buy tickets to that beach if you are NOT going on the inflatables? My almost-13-year-old and 15-year-old would have a blast doing the water adventure but DH and I would prefer to just be on the beach watching. Do they check your excursion to get onto the beach, or just onto the attraction?

Also, out of the coaster, the slide and the zip line at Labadee, which do you think adventure-loving teens would prefer? I'm leaning towards the coaster because I can bundle with the Aqua Park but open to suggestions if the coaster isn't that great. 

On 1/9/2022 at 12:15 PM, jbrinkm said:

Also, out of the coaster, the slide and the zip line at Labadee, which do you think adventure-loving teens would prefer? I'm leaning towards the coaster because I can bundle with the Aqua Park but open to suggestions if the coaster isn't that great. 

I like to think of myself as young at heart so here are my opinions of the coaster vs zip line. TL; DR - pick the coaster.

Personally - I found the zipline to be more fun. It was my first time on one and I enjoyed that I got a mini zipline in as practice before going up to the big one. It's really exhilarating with great photo ops.

The coaster is fun as well but I was a little too cautious to push it to max speed for fear of flying off the track and into the jungle. (there's that adult brain for you). I'm certain it's safe - otherwise it wouldn't be running - but I was wary. As a result I think I spent too much time being nervous to really enjoy it and then it was over. BUT for the coaster, vs the zipline, you can buy all day access so they could do it over and over so even if they're cautious on go one, they can go again with more gusto. For that rason (plus bang for buck) I'd say pick the coaster. Good thing is, you can also sign up for zipline at port (I'm pretty sure) so if they want to do that, you can