Unlimited Dining? What is not included in Unlimited?

GinGeorgia

OK trying to seek clarity once and for all. If you get the Unlimited Dining plan. There is still additional charges at the Specialty restaurants,  correct? For instance, There is a Hibachi upcharge for dining at Izumi… plus additional a la carte charges depending on your entree choice? Both of these are NOT covered by unlimited dining. Correct? We are also looking at Chops, Giovannis and 150 Central Park is this the case for these restaurants as well? 

Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi has a $10 surcharge, $15 if selecting two proteins/meats. If ordering sushi as part of the meal it wouldn't be included and you'd be charged menu prices.

Izumi Sushi, either $35 credit or you can order a small plate, two large plates, and dessert.

Chef's Table has a $50 surcharge.

At Chops the whole lobster entrée would be extra. Might get push back if trying to order two entrées.

For Giovanni's and 150 Central Park the menus have nothing that'd be extra.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 9:45 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Isn't the Royal Lunch just an amalgamation of selections from various specialty restaurants? If so, and you have the UDP, not sure why you'd want to book it.  

SpeedNoodles!! You saved me from myself!! I booked the Taste of Royal Lunch and then later decided to book the UDP since it went on sale. All this was done back in September. Here I am thinking all this time: 'I'm all set!!' Then I just read this thread and you made me realize that I really would be paying twice for a Specialty Lunch. DUH!! I just cancelled the Taste of Royal. Thanks for waking me out of my stupor🤦‍♀️

1 hour ago, SpicyCherry said:

SpeedNoodles!! You saved me from myself!! I booked the Taste of Royal Lunch and then later decided to book the UDP since it went on sale. All this was done back in September. Here I am thinking all this time: 'I'm all set!!' Then I just read this thread and you made me realize that I really would be paying twice for a Specialty Lunch. DUH!! I just cancelled the Taste of Royal. Thanks for waking me out of my stupor🤦‍♀️

Happy to help.  🙂

26 minutes ago, CruisingNewb said:

Although it is technically a drink, does the UDP work for milkshakes at Johnny Rockets?

Nope, but they are covered with the Refreshment and Deluxe beverage packages. Everything on the Johnny Rockets menu is included with the Ultimate Dining Package except for the milkshakes and the beer. Soda is actually covered if you dine there even without a package.  Confused yet? 😂

• 4 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Johar4469 said:

And also is the Unlimited dining package priced per day or is it the total it shows

The price you see is total (gratuities may be added prior to check out, depending on what version of the Cruise Planner is being shown).  It typically comes out to $25-30 per person per day, before gratuities.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello, i was wondering if my partner and i both have UDP and want to try chef’s table, does the surcharge of $50 apply to each of us? So its $100 for two person? 

Another question is.. do we have to pay for the wine in chef’s table or its included? 

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Junius said:

Hello, i was wondering if my partner and i both have UDP and want to try chef’s table, does the surcharge of $50 apply to each of us? So its $100 for two person? 

Another question is.. do we have to pay for the wine in chef’s table or its included? 

Thanks!

Chef's table isn't included in the UDP. So you will pay full price and that would be per person. I believe if you do it as an addon with star class you pay for the wine extra but if it is purchased outright, the wine will be included.

14 hours ago, Junius said:

Thanks!

From Royal's Website:

"What's Included
Unlimited visits to speciality dining restaurants every night of your sailing and lunch on sea days.
For restaurants with a la carte pricing, you’ll receive a $35 food credit, with the exception of Port Side BBQ and Playmakers which will be $20.
For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $10 surcharge, Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge, and Dadong is included, with a $35 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard."

So it'd be, basically, $100 for two people for the Chef's Table. And the wine is included (probably where that $50 charge is mostly coming from).

Most posts in this thread cover the whats covered/not covered stuff. 

However,  I would just also additionally advise to people to advertise loud and proud to servers/cashiers that you have UDP.  I had assumed in our world of computers and such, it would automatically compute that our account has UDP and places wouldn't charge you, but I had two instances where I was incorrectly charged the cover fee for meals- I was charged $60+ for my family of four for dinner at Johnny Rockets (plus another $20 for milkshakes, as I didn't have beverage plan, I EXPECTED to pay for that, but not the food).  We even brought this up to the waiter at Johnny Rockets about the charge for food when they handed me the slip to sign, who insisted no coverage under UDP, and said to "take it up with Guest Relations" if we wanted to dispute.  Also, Portside BBQ charged me for a lunch.  

Upon visiting Guest Relations, both Johnny Rockets and Portside BBQ were quickly credited back to our account and we were assured both are absolutely covered under UDP (which everything I read and researched prior to the trip told me they were.) But yeah, anytime you hand over your room card for payment, or check in for reservation- tell them you have UDP- because they do mess up on this, and its annoying to have to visit Guest Relations to correct this stuff.

3 hours ago, mikeyg1479 said:

Most posts in this thread cover the whats covered/not covered stuff. 

However,  I would just also additionally advise to people to advertise loud and proud to servers/cashiers that you have UDP.  I had assumed in our world of computers and such, it would automatically compute that our account has UDP and places wouldn't charge you, but I had two instances where I was incorrectly charged the cover fee for meals- I was charged $60+ for my family of four for dinner at Johnny Rockets (plus another $20 for milkshakes, as I didn't have beverage plan, I EXPECTED to pay for that, but not the food).  We even brought this up to the waiter at Johnny Rockets about the charge for food when they handed me the slip to sign, who insisted no coverage under UDP, and said to "take it up with Guest Relations" if we wanted to dispute.  Also, Portside BBQ charged me for a lunch.  

Upon visiting Guest Relations, both Johnny Rockets and Portside BBQ were quickly credited back to our account and we were assured both are absolutely covered under UDP (which everything I read and researched prior to the trip told me they were.) But yeah, anytime you hand over your room card for payment, or check in for reservation- tell them you have UDP- because they do mess up on this, and its annoying to have to visit Guest Relations to correct this stuff.

JR will automatically charge you even with star class it seems. But I agree that you should specify that you have the UDP.