Anthem Mechanical Issue

On the Anthem, we received a letter in our staterooms this morning reporting the ship will be arriving at approx 8am due to a problem with one of the azipods and speed has been lowered. Although the ship is operating at 100%, the decision was made to lower speed as a precaution. I’m assuming the azipod will be evaluated while docked in Port Liberty today. Hopefully, it’s just a minor issue and can be corrected quickly.

All air and hotel arrangements made through Royal will be automatically rescheduled. All other pre-scheduled transportation (such as a flight, train ticket or rental car) that incurs a change fee will be reimbursed up to $200 pp domestic changes and $400 pp for international changes.

Thanks for this update.   I’m not quite sure, is this arrival at Cape Liberty on an earlier day than your original itinerary?  Is your cruise being cut short, or are you just arriving back “home” at Cape Liberty on the scheduled day, just later than expected for disembarkation?   Thanks, and I hope your travel arrangements aren’t too disrupted. 

4 hours ago, Patchy said:

Thanks for this update.   I’m not quite sure, is this arrival at Cape Liberty on an earlier day than your original itinerary?  Is your cruise being cut short, or are you just arriving back “home” at Cape Liberty on the scheduled day, just later than expected for disembarkation?   Thanks, and I hope your travel arrangements aren’t too disrupted. 

I read it to mean it's just getting into port late on the final day.

20 hours ago, Patchy said:

17 hours ago, D Alt said:

Since local, will they pay for the parking garage cost ?

This was our scheduled end of cruise day. So we just arrived home at 8am rather than 6am. There is no additional parking garage cost. By the way, the garage is still $25 a day. The plan to increase it to $30 a day has apparently been delayed.