Accepted Pre-CruiseTesting

I ordered 4 COVID tests through Optum store that was linked from Royal's website to take pre-cruise.  They were supposed to be delivered via FedEx on Wednesday 1/5 but are delayed with no updated shipping or idea of when they'll arrive. We leave in 1 week on Mariner from Port Canaveral.  I made our family appointments at CVS for rapid antigen tests as a back up but the confirmation states "not accepted for most travel." Has anyone used this kid of test through CVS? Is it accepted?  Anything I should be aware of or know? THANK YOU for your help. This is our first cruise is a looonnnggg time and the first for our children. I'm really starting to worry about all the pieces falling into place and making it on the ship. 😟

Screenshot_20220108-202002.png

• Shann21685 changed the title to Accepted Pre-CruiseTesting

Do you have unvaccinated children under 12?  If so they need a PCR test  ……. Walgreens has a test called “RAPID DIAGNOSTIC TEST (ID NOW)” ….. Royal accepts this NAAT test as a PCR test for both unvaccinated children and vaccinated adults and children.  We’ve used it a couple times now with Royal and the results have come back in about 3 hours every time even though it says 24 hours

19 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:

Do you have unvaccinated children under 12?  If so they need a PCT test  ……. Walgreens has a test called “RAPID DIAGNOSTIC TEST (ID NOW)” ….. Royal accepts this NAAT test as a PCR test for both unvaccinated children and vaccinated adults and children.  We’ve used it a couple times now with Royal and the results have come back in about 3 hours every time even though it says 24 hours

Thank you for the response, I will keep that in mind as an option too.  My children are under 12 but fully vaccinated. Based on what I've read on the website and a call with customer service to confirm they can follow the vaccinated guest policy. 

27 minutes ago, bluer101 said:

Yes, antigen tests from CVS are accepted as you are leaving from a US port. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

Thank you for the reply! I know that antigen tests are accepted for vaccinated guests and I appreciate the confirmation regarding CVS specifically. Really don't want to do all this, haul the kids across the country just to be denied. ,🤦🏻‍♀️

Set up your CVS account for MyChart now.  My daughter, who is 18, had difficulty setting  up an account.  Apparently it’s almost like setting up a bank account, they ask questions such as “which if the following cars have you owned?”, which if these addresses have you lived?”. Test day she could not get an account set up because there “was no way to verify you snd she had to call….to which she couldn’t get access anyway-the person on the other end was useless.  Anyhow I tried later that night and they finally asked her verifying questions “what city does your sister live?” Was one!

cvs DOES send a text or email with a link for results BUT, when I printed the results they were odd, you can see below it tells you what a negative test is/means but it’s not clear it’s a negative test.

When I logged into mychart they presented better! And state “you have a negative”08F534A7-967D-45C2-B791-678DC2A19066.thumb.jpeg.610d7eb2e7d515627517f71e6f107fcf.jpeg

C9FBB047-EAEE-4D61-A354-374D780B53B7.jpeg