Soda Package - Questions

KLA

Hi, all! Considering a soda package over the refresh package for the first time. A couple questions: 

1) Can you ask for soda at any bar and does it have to be in the Freestyle cup?

2) Is there a club soda I could ask for if at a bar and not the freestyle machine? I tend to drink a lot of sparkling water and missing out on the Pellegrino option would be the main thing.

3) Would options like San Pellegrino be covered by the Diamond drink vouchers? What about specialty coffee? 

4) Can Diamond drink vouchers be used in the MDR or specialty dining venues? 

Thanks, all! 

I can only answer your first question. 

I had the soda package for the first time on Freedom back in November.   Most of the time, the Freestyle machines on the Promenade were broken and the ones in the Windjammer closed.   Most of the time I left my cup in the cabin and just got a soda at the closest bar.   I even did that at Cococay.

The bartenders all told me I could use the cup at any of the bars but were happy to just give me a plastic cup.  I never felt awkward asking for a soda at any of the bars. 

Bars seem to have a very limited variety of soda….pretty much just the basics… coke, sprite, Diet Coke, ginger ale, and occasionally Fanta orange.  

2 hours ago, KLA said:

Hi, all! Considering a soda package over the refresh package for the first time. A couple questions: 

1) Can you ask for soda at any bar and does it have to be in the Freestyle cup?

2) Is there a club soda I could ask for if at a bar and not the freestyle machine? I tend to drink a lot of sparkling water and missing out on the Pellegrino option would be the main thing.

3) Would options like San Pellegrino be covered by the Diamond drink vouchers? What about specialty coffee? 

4) Can Diamond drink vouchers be used in the MDR or specialty dining venues? 

Thanks, all! 

Yes to 1, 3 and 4.

YMMV on 2. Some bars that have bottled soda might have tonic and no club soda. If they have the nozzle, then a maybe. Some bars said that club soda isn't included with the soda package, others will give to you no problem. 

1 hour ago, Ampurp85 said:

Yes to 1, 3 and 4.

YMMV on 2. Some bars that have bottled soda might have tonic and no club soda. If they have the nozzle, then a maybe. Some bars said that club soda isn't included with the soda package, others will give to you no problem. 

This really helps, then - we'll figure out what bartenders will work with us on the club soda bit and determine how we best want to use each of our diamond vouchers each day + utilize the diamond lounge on Symphony. Even if we pay a couple bucks extra for a couple drinks, a Starbucks trip or two, or a bottle of Pellegrino at dinner, I think that the value on this will work out for us wayyyyy better for what the refresh package is actually going for right now (like, $400 difference for the Soda + Surf and Stream package vs. the Refresh and Surf and Stream packages). 

Thank you!! 

4 minutes ago, TeresaMc said:

I too am going with the soda only package in March, I don't drink much, other than my diet coke addiction, so with my 4 diamond drinks a day I may spend a few $$$$ but not the cost of the refreshment or deluxe package.

Yeah, I keep going back and forth. I don't drink at all so a Deluxe definitely wouldn't be worth it - but still worried I'll be tallying drinks in my mind if I go with soda only or will be making frequent hikes back to the Freestyle machines. Might just splurge on the Refresh anyway - it'll be my birthday cruise after all! 

My wife had the soda package and the unlimited dining package.

#1 - You can get a drink at most bars with your Soda package, I was redirected only once to another bar. I think they prefer using Soda cans and bottles for individuals and payments.

#2 - I had requested Club Soda at 3 different locations without issue. I also had a bottle of sparkling water almost every night for dinner at no cost. But I can't tell if that was because of the Soda or the dinner package.

There is also Dasani Sparkling water (with lime or neutral taste) in the soda machines.

Markus

On 1/8/2022 at 2:52 PM, KLA said:

1) Can you ask for soda at any bar and does it have to be in the Freestyle cup? - Yes, you can ask for soda at any bar and no you do not need your cup. If you have it, they will fill it, otherwise they just check your seapass which with be stamped either SODA or with the coke logo and then put it in a glass.

2) Is there a club soda I could ask for if at a bar and not the freestyle machine? I tend to drink a lot of sparkling water and missing out on the Pellegrino option would be the main thing. - Absolutely! My mom drinks tonic water (she's such a weirdo lol) and that is part of the soda package as well. Works same as above - if you have your cup they will fill it or just use a glass. You can also get still water this way.

3) Would options like San Pellegrino be covered by the Diamond drink vouchers? What about specialty coffee? - unknown, sorry!

4) Can Diamond drink vouchers be used in the MDR or specialty dining venues? - I can't be sure as I'm not diamond yet, but I think so.

Thanks, all! 

Answers in bold above

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if there is any option for a un-caffinated sugar free soda? ie diet sprite?   As far as I can tell the Radiance does not have FreeStyle machines.  With those there would be lots of choices.    I bought the soda package on black friday mainly to lock in the lower price and decided I could figure out if there will be anything I really want to drink later.  Why no FreeStyle on some ships?

On 2/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, taymiss2 said:

Does anyone know if there is any option for a un-caffinated sugar free soda? ie diet sprite?   As far as I can tell the Radiance does not have FreeStyle machines.  With those there would be lots of choices.    I bought the soda package on black friday mainly to lock in the lower price and decided I could figure out if there will be anything I really want to drink later.  Why no FreeStyle on some ships?

I will be honest and say I don't think the Soda package is worth the money on ships without a freestyle. Without realizing it, my mom and I booked Liberty a few years back which didn't have the machines (despite BOTH of her sister ships having them!). Your choices are limited to Coke, Diet Coke, sprite, tonic water, and plain water at the various bars onboard and after a few days I was really craving some flavored water.

I don't know why they aren't fleet wide and I can't even find a pattern that explains why some ships have them and some don't.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:39 AM, taymiss2 said:

Freestyle machine will have diet and things like Sprite Zero. The ships without those machines will be limited to very basic options. Usually bottles that they fill glasses with and those will be coke, sprite and diet coke.