book with air2sea but want to arrive earlier

Fred321

I am booked on Odyssey in Sept from Rome. I would like to book airline through air2sea but fly a few days earlier and spend the time in Rome but cant find a way to enter a "fly date", it only asks for cruise date and bases the fly date off that.
Does anyone know a way to enter a specific date?

6 minutes ago, MLH said:

Can you call yourself if you have a TA?

Either or.  But I usually deal with Air2Sea myself since TAs don't receive commission from Air2Sea.  I personally would feel bad asking my TA to work for free when they already so much on their plates.

4 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Either or.  But I usually deal with Air2Sea myself since TAs don't receive commission from Air2Sea.  I personally would feel bad asking my TA to work for free when they already so much on their plates.

I like to do that as well since I am picky about flight times/airlines when flying international.  So it would be good to have a live person.  So i can book a flight but not pay for it until final payment?

1 hour ago, Fred321 said:

I am booked on Odyssey in Sept from Rome. I would like to book airline through air2sea but fly a few days earlier and spend the time in Rome but cant find a way to enter a "fly date", it only asks for cruise date and bases the fly date off that.
Does anyone know a way to enter a specific date?

I am not sure if this link is air2sea or not but the link is on the RC home page.  At the bottom of the RC home page is a list of links one of which being in the far right column,  "Book a flight."  I selected that link and entered the required information for the first sailing of a back to back cruise.  After the search for flights completed I changed the date search range to a day earlier and a full week later to account for back to back cruise.  It accepted the changes and I clicked the "search flights" button again and it displayed flight information for the new date range.  You have to pick and mock book the departing flight to get the returning flight.  I stopped there as I'm not yet ready to book a real flight yet. 

33 minutes ago, MLH said:

So i can book a flight but not pay for it until final payment?

Yes, you don't pay until final.  The last few months, when Royal moved final to 30 days out, that is also when Air2Sea is due.  The cost of Air2Sea is rolled into your reservation.  When you looking at your updated booking confirmation, you will see Air2Sea as another line.

33 minutes ago, sammy79 said:

Can they book flights that aren’t listed on the website?  There’s a direct delta flight home but it doesn’t show up on the air2sea website. Thanks 

Yes, they generally can.  When we booked our flights to Heathrow, I was very specific in which Delta flight I wanted.  It was not on the Air2Sea website and when I called, I gave them all the flight info (for the one I wanted) and they were able to find it.  There has been the odd time that they were not able to find the same flight I was looking for on Delta direct but most of the time it is not a problem.

47 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Are you even able to use the new Air2Sea if your reservation is with a TA? You definitely can't on their website.

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Are you even able to use the new Air2Sea if your reservation is with a TA? You definitely can't on their website.

Yes! I do it all of the time!

Your TA can call in, but I find it easier to go directly to them.

I've never had trouble with them restricting my flight choices when I call, so there are many more options than the website offers. One time the even found my son a flight that wasn't on the air2sea, American airlines or travelocity websites.

It's an amazing service with many benefits. For example,  they will get you to the ship even if there's a problem with your flight.  They're also very helpful if your flight gets delayed or cancel. I never fly to a port any other way.

When I tried to book our flight to Fort Lauderdale from Seattle tried to use them through our TA and they couldn't book Alaska first class? Strange so I did it myself directly.  The only draw back I see to have airfare added to final payment is the big bill that comes due if you haven't been making payments. 

Has anyone tried Virgin Atlantic to Europe? We're looking at that for 2023.

2 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

They will let you book a few days earlier, but you will have to call them.  We are hopefully sailing from Southampton this coming July and we booked with Air2Sea to arrive 5 days earlier.  It was no trouble but I had to call them.

Do you find better fares through them? When we quoted for our trip it was higher than doing it myself. 

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

What @steverkalready said.  All the times that I've booked through Air2Sea, my cruise reservation was with my TA.

35 minutes ago, teddy said:

This ^^^

I would feel like an *** for even asking. 

My thoughts exactly.

19 minutes ago, 12thman said:

Do you find better fares through them? When we quoted for our trip it was higher than doing it myself. 

It depends.  Usually yes, there have been a few times not.  For international flights almost always better through Air2Sea.  Lately (the last two years since the pandemic started), I have found their domestic rates to be about $30-60 higher than booking non-refundable Delta direct, the difference being that if I book through Air2Sea, it is refundable and I make price adjustments.  So to me, that $30-60 more is a wash when I factor in the price adjustments I make along to the way to final payment.

12 minutes ago, 12thman said:

@Lovetocruise2002what price adjustments? You watch the prices and call Air2Sea and let them know? 

You got it!  When I book through Air2Sea, I track prices just like how I track my cruise cabin pricing.  When I see a drop, I call Air2Sea back and ask them for a price adjustment.  You can do this up until final payment when the air fare that you book is refundable.

56 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

It depends.  Usually yes, there have been a few times not.  For international flights almost always better through Air2Sea.  Lately (the last two years since the pandemic started), I have found their domestic rates to be about $30-60 higher than booking non-refundable Delta direct, the difference being that if I book through Air2Sea, it is refundable and I make price adjustments.  So to me, that $30-60 more is a wash when I factor in the price adjustments I make along to the way to final payment.

I've always felt the prices were about as good as I can do on my own, but only once did I ever dig in to it in detail.

That said, they do have a price guarantee.  If you find the flight for a lower fare, they will match it.  I've never had the occasion to try, so I don't know the details on this.

Even if it is more expensive, they've bailed me out twice now and their service is worth spending more.

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you call them, can you choose your seats at that time? Use points? 

I only have experience booking Air2Sea with Delta and Air Canada.

I was able to choose my seats and collect Skymiles/Aeroplan miles, however, I could not use my Delta e-credits or any vouchers.  That is the downside of Air2Sea.

7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I only have experience booking Air2Sea with Delta and Air Canada.

I was able to choose my seats and collect Skymiles/Aeroplan miles, however, I could not use my Delta e-credits or any vouchers.  That is the downside of Air2Sea.

Thanks.  We only fly Delta, so this is helpful - thank  you!

1 hour ago, SpeedNoodles said:

If you call them, can you choose your seats at that time? Use points? 

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.  When I flew American or United I was allowed to select seats at that time.  On Delta, I was allowed on one flight, but not another.  YMMV

Can you use air2sea to book your own flights if you booked the cruise through MEI? Earlier when I was trying this I used the "I'm just browsing" tab, but now I tried entering my cruise info and it says "... please call the party that helped book your booking" and it wont go any further.

7 minutes ago, Fred321 said:

Can you use air2sea to book your own flights if you booked the cruise through MEI? Earlier when I was trying this I used the "I'm just browsing" tab, but now I tried entering my cruise info and it says "... please call the party that helped book your booking" and it wont go any further.

We’ve never had a problem, but we’ve called rather than book flights online.  

5 minutes ago, teddy said:

We’ve never had a problem, but we’ve called rather than book flights online.  

I was trying to look at different days and airports ( I have 4 airports with in a few hours ) and times to have a better idea of what I was looking for before I call

1 hour ago, Jill said:

Great now I’m an ass for asking @Sharla to book our flights to Rome. I didn’t know that. On the website it wouldn’t allow me. It said I had to go through my TA. Sorry Sharla 

The internet is interesting in that the typed word does not convey any emotion or intent like the spoken word does.  

I have no idea if you are being snarky, serious, or otherwise.

I wasn’t calling you a name.  I was only stating my feelings.   My feelings should not affect anyone other than me  

2 hours ago, teddy said:

The internet is interesting in that the typed word does not convey any emotion or intent like the spoken word does.  

I have no idea if you are being snarky, serious, or otherwise.

I wasn’t calling you a name.  I was only stating my feelings.   My feelings should not affect anyone other than me  

I was being half snarky but also feel like a heel for asking her to do something she wouldn’t benefit from. I know going forward to call myself. I assumed since the website wouldn’t let me book and directed me to my TA that it wasn’t possible for me to book via website or phone. 

7 hours ago, Jill said:

I was being half snarky but also feel like a heel for asking her to do something she wouldn’t benefit from. I know going forward to call myself. I assumed since the website wouldn’t let me book and directed me to my TA that it wasn’t possible for me to book via website or phone. 

Full disclosure we don't get commission on flights but I do get revenue credit when the air is added. That's why flights must be added with Air2Sea or a land package (Delta Vacations vs. Delta for example). Can't do flights alone but can do them with a bundle.

But I don't mind- that's part of the job/service. Whatever is best for you is what I'll do!

2 hours ago, Sharla said:

Full disclosure we don't get commission on flights but I do get revenue credit when the air is added. That's why flights must be added with Air2Sea or a land package (Delta Vacations vs. Delta for example). Can't do flights alone but can do them with a bundle.

But I don't mind- that's part of the job/service. Whatever is best for you is what I'll do!

You’re just the best. We must cruise together someday. We need a Sharla Group cruise! 

On 1/8/2022 at 12:07 PM, steverk said:

It's an amazing service with many benefits. For example,  they will get you to the ship even if there's a problem with your flight.  They're also very helpful if your flight gets delayed or cancel. I never fly to a port any other way.

I believe they used to say “even if it’s the next port.” I think they did away with that.  I recall reading recently that due to Covid they stopped that.  
their website now says:

ASSURED ARRIVAL

When your vacation comes around, you don't want to miss the ship because of flight delays or cancellations. Book airfare through our Air2Sea program and should an issue arise, our Emergency Travel Team will work with our airline partners to do everything possible to get you to your cruise.

On 1/8/2022 at 3:41 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Thanks.  We only fly Delta, so this is helpful - thank  you!

Q

Can I use frequent flyer miles to upgrade my seat with Air2Sea?

Yes, but it is important to note that our airline partners determine the flight categories that qualify for mileage upgrades. You must contact your preferred carrier for the specific flight category information prior to confirming your reservation with us.  Additionally, your frequent flyer details can be added to your Air2Sea reservation for earning mileage points.

I use Air2Sea all the time, but their website is terrible.  I have found that I can find a Celebrity Cruise that date and locations match my RCL cruise and search on the Celebrity site.  You can do all the different options and figure out what you want.  When I know what I want I call Air2Sea and book it.

Note:  I do not know how Celebrity Website can be so good and RCL be so bad.  You would think they could share source code.