Nassau excursion cancelled on my trip in February

D Alt

my 3 night Freedom trip to Perfect Day and Nassau has some itinerary changes and they cancelled my Nassau itinerary. So guess it's an added sea day? 

Dear Guest, We're counting down the days to having you onboard your upcoming Royal Caribbean cruise. Before we set sail, we are sorry to share that your tour in Nassau, Bahamas has been cancelled due to operational reasons. We know how much time and effort go into planning your cruise experience and apologize for any inconvenience caused. Weve issued a full refund of your tour to your original form(s) of payment. You can expect to receive your refund within 7-10 business days. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution. For more information on other tours and more, you can sign into Cruise Planner at https://www.royalcaribbean.com/booked . Or, feel free to give us a call at 1-800-398-9819 so one of our agents can help find the perfect excursion for you. Thanks for your patience and understanding during this time. Sincerely, Royal Caribbean International,

Got me scared after I saw Chris Wong's video about the 4 ships cancelling their cruises.  If they are going to cancel this, they better let me know sooner rather than later so I can fix my hotels and flights. 

5 minutes ago, CruisingIsLikeCrack said:

Sounds like just your shore excursion got canceled, not the port stop.

This is what I read as well. They refund the original form of payment for shore excursions or if the entire cruise was canceled. It is possible that this is a sign they are canceling the port stop as well, but that cannot be confirmed from this message alone.

@D AltI'd call Royal to confirm whether the port stop is canceled or just the excursion. Hopefully it's the latter.

Might also want to update the topic title if just the excursion is canceled. Can be done by editing your original post.

This is for an excursion, not the port stop. They've even advised you to look at other options in the cruise planner later in the message.

FYI: "for operational reasons" can mean a host of things from business closures to staffing issues to no longer having a service contract with Royal Caribbean.

I also agree with @AspiringCruisePlanner, you may want to update the topic title to address that it is for an excursion, not the port stop.

• D Alt changed the title to Nassau excursion cancelled on my trip in February