Roatan Rum Factory

Vanessa Cooper

We are doing a Western Caribbean cruise on Symphony of the Seas in June. This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise and we can't wait! We are trying to pre-book shore excursions. We really want to visit the Roatan Rum Factory and the Chocolate Factory? Does anyone know the name of the excursion that includes this? We are not seeing it in the list available on the Cruise Planner.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:14 PM, Vanessa Cooper said:

We are doing a Western Caribbean cruise on Symphony of the Seas in June. This will be our first Royal Caribbean cruise and we can't wait! We are trying to pre-book shore excursions. We really want to visit the Roatan Rum Factory and the Chocolate Factory? Does anyone know the name of the excursion that includes this? We are not seeing it in the list available on the Cruise Planner.

Vanessa, 

If you can't locate those excursions through the cruise planner, another option is booking an outside excursion. When we sailed to Roatan we used Victor Bodden Tours. (www.boddentours.com) They offer private fully customizable tours that are reasonably priced and are very easy to work with. They have good communication, their drivers speak excellent English, etc etc. For peace of mind, you tell them what time you want to be back at the ship and they will make it happen for you. All of this assuming your entire party is vaccinated and can do outside tours. (check out my Liberty live blog in my signature to see what we did with them)

On 1/7/2022 at 10:14 PM, Vanessa Cooper said:

I also recommend Bodden tours or Rony's tours.  These are stops on a general tour of the Island, neither is overly spectacular - but fun.

HOME - Roatan Tours, Cruiseship Activities, Excursions, Zipline Canopy Tours with Ronys Independent Tours, Roatan (ronystours.com)

Roatan Honduras Tour & Cruise Ship Excursions | Monkey/Sloth Sanctuary | Zipline (boddentours.com)

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, JeffH said:

Do you know what the standard tip is for a tour guide at either company? I was quoted $80 for two on a private tour, which seems almost too good to be true. 

That seems about right for Roatan for the tour only - add on's are extra (any stops that have a fee).  Roatan is a very poor country. I would personally tip about $20 per person.  

On 1/7/2022 at 11:14 PM, Vanessa Cooper said:

We booked with Victor Bodden tours as a private, customizable tour and are including the rum and chocolate tour into our itinerary (I really just wanted to hug a sloth). We are going after you, so if you do go to the rum/chocolate tour, can you let me know how it was?