Babies 2 Go Program

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has had recent experiences with the Babies 2 Go program. It says on the website you can pre-purchase diapers and baby food via the Royal gifts page, but I only see diapers. Is this something you'd call in for or did they discontinue the baby food option? Thanks in advance!

30 minutes ago, Matt said:

Frankly, I thought they discontinued the whole thing a while ago.

Even in its heyday, they didnt always carry all sizes (or brands) of diapers.

My advice is to pack 25% more diapers, food, etc you think than you'll need.

Thank you for confirming my suspicion @Matt

Our son is going to be right around 12 months old on the cruise so he'd be eating things like soft fruits, steamed vegetables, oatmeal, etc.

We're staying in star class, so would the genie be able to accommodate these types of foods along with all the other snacks for the adults? If so, that should be added to the star class perk list: baby friendly food delivery 🤣

Also, if we're at a specialty restaurant, would they be able to accommodate these types of foods, or would this only be available at the MDR and Windjammer?

One last question. For excursions, would they charge for a 1 year old (assuming he's allowed on the excursion) or is this dependent on the excursion? Can't find much info on this. Also, if there's travel involved with the excursion, would they not allow him to ride without a carseat?

Sorry for all the questions, but it'd be nice to have this all sorted out during the planning stage. Thanks again!

38 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

would the genie be able to accommodate these types of foods along with all the other snacks for the adults?

Absolutely, with advanced notice I don't see why not

38 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

if we're at a specialty restaurant, would they be able to accommodate these types of foods, or would this only be available at the MDR and Windjammer?

Again, give the restaurant advanced notice for foods that need to be prepared.

My youngest doesn't eat anything at Izumi, so we ask for pizza from Sorrentos. That's no problem since it's just a run up/downstairs to the promenade. But if it's something the chef needs to prepare, I'd just give them a heads up 24 hours in advance.  Or ask genie and bring it to the restaurant.

39 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

For excursions, would they charge for a 1 year old (assuming he's allowed on the excursion) or is this dependent on the excursion?

Depends on excursion, but usually 2 and under are free

On 1/8/2022 at 9:16 AM, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

One last question. For excursions, would they charge for a 1 year old (assuming he's allowed on the excursion) or is this dependent on the excursion? Can't find much info on this. Also, if there's travel involved with the excursion, would they not allow him to ride without a carseat?

The laws on car seats are rather different (or non-existent) in many ports.  Taxis/buses are far more likely to expect you to hold your child because that's what the locals do.  It's something to consider when booking the excursion.

• 6 months later...

Hello - I am planning a cruise for new years... and my question is:

My daughter will be 14 mo old... but still eating purees - i expect to have set schedule of food to puree for the week.  Who would I give this menu... of course sweet fruit (apples, pears, bananas, mango, papaya - no sugar or salt) and lunches are broccoli, carrots, a meat ... 8-12 oz.

Would be during our morning afternoon, and dinner times.

Thank you for your help in advance,

4 hours ago, Lombardof said:

Hello - I am planning a cruise for new years... and my question is:

My daughter will be 14 mo old... but still eating purees - i expect to have set schedule of food to puree for the week.  Who would I give this menu... of course sweet fruit (apples, pears, bananas, mango, papaya - no sugar or salt) and lunches are broccoli, carrots, a meat ... 8-12 oz.

Would be during our morning afternoon, and dinner times.

Thank you for your help in advance,

Bumping this post in the hopes someone sees it and answers it.