Casitas

Tim J

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Lynn T said:

I've read that the casitas don't necessarily provide much shade, depending on the sun angle - can anyone weigh in?  Hoping to reserve one for our cruise in July.

Correct. They don't have any sort of side coverage like curtains or anything that would block the shade when the sun isn't directly overhead.

19 minutes ago, USCG Teacher said:

While we're on the topic, where exactly are they?  I get that there's quite a few, but are they actually near the pools on deck 15?  A deck up?  Some on both decks?

Both.  There are more on the upper deck than on the pool deck, but they are located on both decks.

14 minutes ago, fa-li said:

This is new for me, we’ve only done smaller ships. Are there casitas on Harmony? If we have access to the suite sun deck, is it still worth booking a casita one day? Thanks!

I don't believe there are any on Harmony - they are new to the whole "Lime & Coconut" pool deck theme that started with Navigator.  

• 1 month later...

Anyone have experience renting these? We're on Oasis for a 3 night April 7th. It says FCFS, time on reservation says 9 am. Wondering if anyone has experience with how early I need to show up to pick our casita?

Anyone have tips on best spots that may be hidden or missed by a first time Casita renter?

I love the idea of having a spot on deck secured, even if they used to be free 🙂

I just posted this as well.  It showed up on the bottom of my cruise planner for our August Sailing on the Oasis.  Are there better ones to rent? Any 2 close to each other ? Is it $199 for the day regardless of how many folks are in and out of it?  We just want a home base for our group without having to worry about waking up so early to get spots.. Is Deck 16 better to have one? Thanks!

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, YellowBrickRoad said:

For my July Oasis, it’s sold out on sea days. I got a non sea day, even though it’s easier to get chairs, but my son l8kes the shade. 

They are not exactly shady unless it is "high noon" the sun will be coming in from the sides. You are better off using a lounge chair that is located in the shade, I know I've seen them on the pool deck in the back rows.  Port days are typically empty and easy to find those lounge chairs.
Just my opinion.

1 hour ago, Pattycruise said:

They are not exactly shady unless it is "high noon" the sun will be coming in from the sides. You are better off using a lounge chair that is located in the shade, I know I've seen them on the pool deck in the back rows.  Port days are typically empty and easy to find those lounge chairs.
Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info!! It may not be all that for us then.

In March we stayed on the ship for Coco Cay and we had the pool to ourselves. Pick of lounge chairs! 🙌🏼

• 1 month later...