Cancellations have started :(

Jill

On 1/11/2022 at 10:35 AM, smokeybandit said:

Yep, cruise ships are in the same classification as nursing homes, so no expedited quarantine.

The 10 days is for covid positive. Close contacts are 14!!!

This should answer that.  Last updates from onboard pax with Covid are still showing the 10 day minimum.  Perhaps they will update, but as of recent reports (which are anecdotal), it's the full, not the shortened.

Also, remember, the CDC guidance is 5 days with 5 days of mask wearing post quarantine since you may still be contagious.

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked on Anthem out of NJ on Feb 27th, but when you search on the site the cruise doesn't show up as an option. Our friends called to see if the could add a room for their family and they were told no bookings, no upgrades, no changes allowed for this cruise. They wouldn't tell her (or me when I called) any further info. I highly doubt it's completely full. In our cruise planner, there are no on board activities. And when I just went to the Air2Sea site to see what flights are looking like, they list the 2/11 sailing but no others in Feb. I doubt they would shut down adding flights on if it was just fully booked...

We have to pay our balance in the next 3 days, but I REALLY don't want to miss out on making alternate plans if they're going to cancel this one. 

Are these signs as bad as I think they are?

3 hours ago, jwhalentyler said:

We are booked on Anthem out of NJ on Feb 27th, but when you search on the site the cruise doesn't show up as an option. Our friends called to see if the could add a room for their family and they were told no bookings, no upgrades, no changes allowed for this cruise. They wouldn't tell her (or me when I called) any further info. I highly doubt it's completely full. In our cruise planner, there are no on board activities. And when I just went to the Air2Sea site to see what flights are looking like, they list the 2/11 sailing but no others in Feb. I doubt they would shut down adding flights on if it was just fully booked...

We have to pay our balance in the next 3 days, but I REALLY don't want to miss out on making alternate plans if they're going to cancel this one. 

Are these signs as bad as I think they are?

Don't' read into it.  The sailings have  been sailing.  They closed booking to keep capacity down since the Omicron spike.  This way they can keep the appropriate staff to passenger ratios to ensure your cruising pleasure.  If a lot of cancellations happen they could reopen booking.  I had seen someone say one of my closed February sailings showed up on the RC site available to book one day and was gone the next.  So your friends should keep checking.

you can go to the discussion boards to make a post inquiring about the entertainment recently on Anthem....but that will have little impact on our February sailing as so many things can change.  A few weeks ago it was commented how some of the shows did not go off, but I've not seen anyone speak of that recently.
  Personally I feel if so many of the staff has had Covid that things will be "better" for the future of sailing as they won't have to worry about staffing shortages as when the Omicron first hit.  

as for booking entertainment.  I've been on 5 sailings since August.  All activity is now booked when onboard, utilizing the app.  Typically you can only book one show once, so that others can have the opportunity to book the show.  

Absolute worst case, if you are not happy after final payment you can always cancel under Cruise with Confidence.  It will take some time for RC to process that. 

Air2Sea will show flights for sailings you are able to book, it's in  a preview feature if you do not have a reservation.  Those with reservations can contact Air2Sea directly to book flights.

Hope this helps