Cancellations have started :(

Jill

5 hours ago, GaryAA said:

We are on this cruise too. We were on the Symphony December 4th with no problems. We’ve applied our FCC’s to this cruise for a suite again so it would be a hassle to cancel at this point. Our agent had a hard time getting the credits applied for the Feb 5th cruise, don’t want a re-do of that.

We were actually supposed to go back in October and early last year when COVID numbers were going way up and cruises still not happening and a lot of uncertainty, I figured lets move it out a few more months with the hopes things are better.....they are just worse now. I regret not going back in October 😑

5 hours ago, GaryAA said:

We are on this cruise too. We were on the Symphony December 4th with no problems. We’ve applied our FCC’s to this cruise for a suite again so it would be a hassle to cancel at this point. Our agent had a hard time getting the credits applied for the Feb 5th cruise, don’t want a re-do of that

We are also on symphony on the 5th we fly to miami on the 2nd from spain! Praying this doesn't get canceled! 

I think it's more than expected now with this new uber-transmittable variant. Especially with the robust weekly (or twice weekly for front of house crew) testing procedures. Hopefully all are either with minor or no symptoms. Having a few Delta positives seemed more concerning than having a couple dozen Omicrons. Apples and oranges. 

Agreed Brian, it’s fools gold at this point to aim for a zero Covid policy like China and Hong Kong are attempting without draconian measures (which aren’t working). What the cruise industry has done with Mandating vaccines, pre cruise testing and strategic masking is all anyone can reasonably do. And yet cases are still occurring, though I suspect most are asymptomatic especially amongst the crew. We will get through this wave and hopefully enough population immunity will have been achieved that we will have a solid backstop against future variants, which will occur, and be endlessly mentioned by the media. As has been mentioned ad nauseam by now , you are more likely to pick up Covid on land than a ship. 

13 hours ago, Swar said:

On Brilliance right now. Talked to the head of host services earlier tonight. @16 peeps with Covid (13 crew/3 pax). BOTS will get some of the crew off of a cancelled ship tomorrow in Tampa. He said there is plenty of crews for all the ships, but now they can increase service even more. This ship is empty, I kinda like it. 

Great!  I'm on it the end of the month, hopefully!!  As long as my flight doesn't cancel...

After having to cancel our cruise on the Odyssey for this past week due to my getting Covid (right after getting my booster), we rebooked for the end of February on the Allure. What are our chances that the ship will still be sailing? We had to cancel our long-awaited African safari trip planned for March 13. 2020,  so another doomed vacation would just be so pitiful. We had reasons for not rebooking the cruise for later in the year. 

21 hours ago, 3rdchocolatier said:

We go for our Covid tests at CVS tomorrow morning, then first thing Sunday morning start the drive down for our Monday Indy Cruise.  May it all go as planned with the cruise Gods watching over all cruisers.

Fingers crossed for you!!

3 hours ago, Carolg said:

I just canceled my cruise for Sunday on Odyssey of the seas. Don’t want to take a chance of not going to the ports that we really wanted to see. Hopefully things will settle down and we can reschedule soon

Such sad news but you did the right thing. When we couldn't leave the ship on the Odyssey a few weeks ago it was sad. While we totally made the most of it, given your same scenario and knowing as well as experiencing looking at Aruba from... well our balcony, we would have made the same decision. Here's hoping the crews get and stay healthy, fingers crossed we get through this sooner rather than later. (The Odyssey was great mind you but missing the shows in addition to seeing less and less crew....we were ready to disembark. 

We was very disappointed our cruise on January 29 th on the Jewel was canceled, we was still going, but had concerns about not getting in at ports, waiting three hours here locally for a covid test  and hope you test negative, then keeping a mask on inside all the time, which was no problem if that’s the rules, we was flying into Ft Lauderdale, it’s cold in Cincinnati area, we think we are now going to keep flight, rent a car and spend a few days in Key West, one of our favorite port stops. This was our third cruise that was canceled, we was meeting our cruise friends from Napa Ca. That we met a few years ago on a cruise, plus two other couples, that’s what is so disappointing. Good luck to all the cruisers, we will try again in the fall is our hope.

7 hours ago, Carolg said:

I just canceled my cruise for Sunday on Odyssey of the seas. Don’t want to take a chance of not going to the ports that we really wanted to see. Hopefully things will settle down and we can reschedule soon

It breaks my heart to read your post but I completely understand where you are coming from.  I hope are able to reschedule and take a cruise soon. 

Hopefully this Omicron variant surge burns out by the 3 week of 4th week of January.

It just hurts every time I read someone has either canceled their cruise or had their cruise canceled.

Unfortunately we are also on the verge of cancelling our Anthem cruise scheduled for January 20th.  We run a small business and have been struggling with keeping our teams healthy the past six weeks.   Right now it feels like a losing battle.  

We booked this cruise over 2 years ago only to have it cancelled last year and now with the flu-rona outbreaks. excursion cancellations, and possible port changes, it just feels like it's not the right time.  The physical and mental well being of our employees needs to be the priority right now.

Frustrated.............

Looks like I am slowly heading towards the decision to cancel as well, unfortunately. I am booked on Navigator 1/17 and as of now I am still on it, however with everything going on, not knowing what could happen with things on the ship and ports etc, and most importantly having an unvaccinated 4-year daughter at home, I don't know if I want to take any chances of bringing something back home and giving it to her. I know she can catch it at school too but their daycare is also impacted as staff/classrooms have had positive cases, so we are keeping her home for the next week and maybe longer. Sigh...don't know what to do... I had to cancel my LA hotel tonight before the 6pm deadline for a full refund...what's weird is the rates are now even less than when I booked the hotel a few months ago. Guess everyone is cancelling literally everything. Omicron has really impacted so much. Still blows my mind that airplanes are packed, sports stadiums and the like... wish i didn't have to fly to LA from Seattle to get on the cruise...

On 1/8/2022 at 9:20 AM, Natalfaz said:

We are also on symphony on the 5th we fly to miami on the 2nd from spain! Praying this doesn't get canceled! 

FYI, the Odyssey has a 6-day sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on February 6th. I would keep that in mind as a backup. We go down to Key West after our Symphony cruise. If  the Symphony cancels,  we will spend an additional week in the keys.

2 hours ago, jaygee2729 said:

Any reports of Covid cases on Explorer of the Seas? 2/13 is our embarkation date. 

Right now it's not IF it's how many. The protocols are keeping it in check but I feel so strongly the crew should be afforded a bit more living space for the foreseeable future. Just be ready to roll with the ever changing protocols and you can re visit when it gets a little closer, thank goodness for CWC. Here's wishing you a great sailing.

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Covid among passengers won't impact to your cruise. It's covid/close contacts among crew (and the lengthy quarantine required) that's causing issues.

I’m curious if the CDC is allowing ships to do the 5 day quarantine they recently announced.  Or is it the previous 10 day schedule?

10 hours ago, Flowrider said:

I’m curious if the CDC is allowing ships to do the 5 day quarantine they recently announced.  Or is it the previous 10 day schedule?

I read on a HAL thread on CC by a young guy (30s) who currently is quarantining on a Panama canal cruise.  

HAL representatives told him they follow the CDC guideline that 5 days is not applicable for a residential-congregate setting, so HAL’s cruise ships require 10 day quarantines according to the passenger quarantining on HAL right now.

After reading the thread, i thought it odd that the cruise lines are not in agreement on their quarantine length approach.     10 days seems excessive.  I like Royal’s approach. ✅

Edited by Zurc
Clarify