Jewel of the Seas Cancelled Sailing Until February

Perry

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

I'm wondering if the cancelations are due to ports rejecting ships. Why else would they cancel?

My best guess is to cancel these ship's sailings to bolster the amount of crew available to cycle on to existing sailings that need crew replenishment........

.........or maybe that's too many moving parts, i'm not sure.  Just a theory

1 hour ago, BB1 said:

I'm wondering if the cancelations are due to ports rejecting ships. Why else would they cancel?

Too many cases onboard = ports denying docking. Royal got around this at CocoCay by transferring sick crew onto vision. 

Shows being cancelled and venues closed because not enough crew. 

In my opinion, it IS mostly a crew issue. Yes passengers are testing but I believe the bulk of cases are crew. Without ports/shows/open venues, the ship cannot really offer what passengers are paying for. Plus I think the ship (Symphony) needs a breather. She needs time to collect herself. (Sounds like she’s about to have a nervous breakdown 😂

We was on the 29 th of this month, this is our third cruise that’s been canceled, already canceled our ride to port and back, now need to work on motel and air, I’m not even going to try and call Royal today, will be a long wait, we are just going to get a refund this time., maybe try in the fall, guess we will be enjoying the cold and snow and the Ohio river views of Cincinnati from Northern Ky. 

Going on Liberty Sunday, leaving for the airport in the morning, this is going to be a nail biter! Worst case scenario they cancel after we land, we rent a car and spend some time in Texas until we either get an earlier flight back or our scheduled one happens. I like Texas. Might need to buy some warmer clothes as we are mostly packed for the Caribbean. Oh well, the wife likes shopping for clothes, I like BBQ, worse things happen to people every day.

This is the worst news I could have gotten. I already got the time off approved, I do not get paid vacations so I am losing out there and I lost out on my trip. I am thinking about just taking the refund and give up on cruising as  I do not want to go through getting ready again just to get it canceled.

5 hours ago, Jill said:

Too many cases onboard = ports denying docking. Royal got around this at CocoCay by transferring sick crew onto vision. 

Shows being cancelled and venues closed because not enough crew. 

In my opinion, it IS mostly a crew issue. Yes passengers are testing but I believe the bulk of cases are crew. Without ports/shows/open venues, the ship cannot really offer what passengers are paying for. Plus I think the ship (Symphony) needs a breather. She needs time to collect herself. (Sounds like she’s about to have a nervous breakdown 😂

Great post. I’m completely agree with your assessment. I guarantee it’s due to an excess of crew cases over Multiple ships. The crew and some of these ships need a reset/ breather to end the transmission cycle. We’ll be golden by March. Happy days are here again soon! 

I am trying to look on the bright side here. This varrient is highly contagious. it’s going to come in real quick and leave really quick. How long did it take for africa to go from restricted to non? That can give us some type of timeline. I’m at home positive with this varrient as I type. My husband and daughter both tested negative which blows my freaking mind. Hopefully it’s a quick in and out with this and we can get back to  where we were. Here is to hoping! 🙏🏻

8 hours ago, BB1 said:

Doubtful it's a crew issue. Most cases are asymptomatic or resolve shortly. Even with current guidelines they wouldn't be quarantined that long and some sailings are canceled through April.  Just my guess.

The canceled cruise through April is due to dry dock. The rest are not that long.