BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

taylorrka

22 hours ago, Cruisely said:

We must ban @Screwed by Royal Caribbean !!!! There is no room for negativity in these forums!!!???

Instead of complaining on a fan site, you could politely ask for help.

No need to block them .... they've only ever made one post ...... probably a troll.

On 8/17/2019 at 10:16 AM, Screwed by Royal Caribbean said:

First cruise with Royal Caribbean - customer service told us wifi was free. It's not. Their consulation was $20 for miss information. I was stupid enough to book another cruise. 

Second cruise - asked customer service about online promotions I saw. She told me I was lying about the promotions. How does customer service not know about online promotions? Accusing a customer they are lying when in fact customer service is the one lacking knowledge is an insult. She should be fired. The worst is that she never sent travel documents to me. She told me kids did not need passports. When we showed up to board the ship, kids could not board. We lost all of our money. I will never forget that day at the port. My daughter crying for 45 minutes. Devastating how poorly customer service operates. There virtually no regulation for cruise ships like there is for airlines so Royal Carribean takes advantage.  The only regulation is safety. Nothing protecting the customer. They make millions with this trick. The port employees told us Royal Carribean systematically doesn't send travel documents to families to save money. Every cruise several families are unable to board. 

What a horrible travel experience!  A good travel agent would have kept you informed and explained on-line check in, which includes passport information, etc.  But you have identified a flaw in the modern world -- so much is IT-related that if you don't know how the technology works, you are at a disadvantage, especially if you've never traveled internationally before.  I hope your future family vacations are richly rewarding, and I wish you luck in balancing your own on-line research with the services of a good agent.   One thing this site has worked hard to do is to keep travelers informed and to answer specific questions so that the misfortune you've experienced is rarely repeated.

@Cruisely @coneyraven @Fuzzywuzzy

Oh, boy!!!! Last week I played this category for $200 & now, thanks to @Screwed by Royal Caribbean I get to play some more.....

I'll take "Things That Didn't Happen" for $400, Alex!

There just seems like too many holes in that post to be true.