BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE

taylorrka

HELLO EVERYONE JUST WANTED TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST MY WIFE BOOKED A CRUISE 6PM TUESDAY NIGHT THEN WE REALISED THAT IT WAS YHE WRONG CRUISE SO WE WERE ON THE PHONE 9AM THE NEXT MORNING WANTING TO CHANGE OUR DEPOSIT TO THE CORRECT CRUISE  SORRY NO CAN DO THATS OUR POLICY

WE HAVE CRUISED SEVERAL TIMES WITH ROYAL CARRIBEAN AND ALL THEY BARK ON ABOUT IS HOW WELL THEY TREAT THEIR PAST PASSENGERS  

WELL I KNOW WE MADE THE GENUINE MISTAKE BUT WE  ARE NOT WANTING OUR MONEY BACK JUST A SIMPLE CHANGE  NEVER AGAIN

First of all, why are you yelling at us?

And to translate into proper English, it should be "Royal Caribbean IS stealing my deposit" --- Not ARE...

And ".....someone has taken it down do not book thru this mob" ....... I believe there should be a period (or two) in there....

Lesson learned here, if you want to be taken seriously, using proper grammatical skills would be a good way to start....

Now, they are NOT a mob ...... Secondly, when you book a cruise, a confirmation email is sent to you with all the pertinent details and legal details so that you shouldn't be surprised at what's expected.

If you didn't read it, THAT'S ON YOU!!!!

Have a nice day.

I saw your previous and first post. From your own admission, your blaming Royal fire a mistake you made and are now upset because they are adhering to their own policies. How is this Royal's fault and how does it warrant suggesting that others not book with them?

My suggestion would be you call back and ask you talk to a supervisor. If that doesn't work, write a letter to the CEO. That will be much more productive and is much more likely to solve your issues.

MY WIFE BOOKED A CRUISE 6PM TUESDAY NIGHT THEN WE REALISED THAT IT WAS YHE WRONG CRUISE SO WE WERE ON THE PHONE 9AM THE NEXT MORNING WANTING TO CHANGE OUR DEPOSIT TO THE CORRECT CRUISE  SORRY NO CAN DO THATS OUR POLICY

Which sailing to which sailing? And which country do you live in?

I should probably stay out of this but I don't think "grammar shaming" somebody who is angry is anything except treating someone the way they said they've been treated already. If a mistake was made (and don't for a minute suggest that sometimes a large corporation and it's employees don't make mistakes--or are rude) why not just say so.

I like reading this blog because it was so nice to see everyone's positive outlook on cruising. All of you love to tout how much money you saved, and the value of the dollar, and saving up your pennies to go on cruises. It's nice to read--so when someone is upset they've lost a deposit I"m pretty sure all of you would be pissed off if you were out $500 in 24hrs for a clerical error on your part. Anger can get the best of us, as clearly at has gotten the best of you at this person with their vitriolic language. Direct them and help, don't criticize them for their opinion....it's always our behavior in bad times that is a great reflection of who we are, and admitting when we are wrong and moving on....

You can get it off your chest here....but I have a feeling that there isn't a single person here that has any power to help you.   YOU need to contact RCCL directly.   THEY have the power to rectify your displeasure...if you are willing to cooperate with them.  Learned a long time ago...the person yelling the loudest is most likely in the wrong.  Good Luck with your endeavors.  

I should probably stay out of this but I don't think "grammar shaming" somebody who is angry is anything except treating someone the way they said they've been treated already. If a mistake was made (and don't for a minute suggest that sometimes a large corporation and it's employees don't make mistakes--or are rude) why not just say so.

I like reading this blog because it was so nice to see everyone's positive outlook on cruising. All of you love to tout how much money you saved, and the value of the dollar, and saving up your pennies to go on cruises. It's nice to read--so when someone is upset they've lost a deposit I"m pretty sure all of you would be pissed off if you were out $500 in 24hrs for a clerical error on your part. Anger can get the best of us, as clearly at has gotten the best of you at this person with their vitriolic language. Direct them and help, don't criticize them for their opinion....it's always our behavior in bad times that is a great reflection of who we are, and admitting when we are wrong and moving on....

Thank You David --- you are right --- my initial response first thing in the morning was rather cold (pre-coffee vs the shining light that I am post-coffee) .....

Apologies to those that have had the negative experience ...... Hope everything comes out the way it should be.

The cynic side of me had control this morning.

Thank You David --- you are right --- my initial response first thing in the morning was rather cold (pre-coffee vs the shining light that I am post-coffee) .....

Apologies to those that have had the negative experience ...... Hope everything comes out the way it should be.

The cynic side of me had control this morning.

Luke, use the power of the force, not the dark side!

Call me CrAzzZy here but why don't you do the following?:

1. Call RC and get your deposit refunded.

2. Call back RC and book the cruise you meant to book......

That's what I was thinking. Admittedly my wife does all the booking so I'm not that knowledable in this area, but we have cancelled befor and got our deposit back.

Taylorrka,

People here are very helpful, give some more details and you will get some good advise.

That's what I was thinking. Admittedly my wife does all the booking so I'm not that knowledable in this area, but we have cancelled befor and got our deposit back.

Taylorrka,

People here are very helpful, give some more details and you will get some good advise.

Makes me wonder if the rules regarding refunds are different when the cruise is booked AFTER final payment date .... or.... as Matt eluded, who knows if they're in the US .... the laws/policies could be different elsewhere.

Makes me wonder if the rules regarding refunds are different when the cruise is booked AFTER final payment date .... or.... as Matt eluded, who knows if they're in the US .... the laws/policies could be different elsewhere.

True, that's why some more information would be helpful.

But then again I'm assuming Taylorrka wants to know why it happened and how to fix it, which we can help with. On the other hand maybe he/she just wants to spread the word on how evil Royal is, which we can't help with.

My best guess is that it's within final payment and thus the deposit is not refundable.

If inside final payment date, no deposit would be accepted. Payment in full would be required.(IIRC).......

Good point. Of course, if it was just past final payment, then the equivalent of what would have been there deposit would be lost.

I really don't think Royal would be so rigid over a mistake that was made that one tried to correct within 24 hours. Even most airlines allow a refund within 24 hours.

Another reason to use a TA?

thanks for all your imput if you read my first post its quite self explanatory i admit we made a simple mistake then tried to move the deposit to the correct cruise within 15 hours and they would not let us do it i talked to the supervisor and they said thats their policy full stop  we have cruised several times with this lot and always enjoyed them they are always sending me glossy magazines barking on how they look after past passengers and this is not the case here

ps to coney raven sorry my intellect is not up to yours you are obviously a much better person than me up there on your high horse

final update spoke again to royal carribean this time was told if we book the other cruise they could transfer the first deposit to that cruise so we did it took 2 minutes why couldn't they do that yesterday and save a lot of angst

. GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, customer service can be hit or miss, but I'm glad you were able to find someone that was willing to help.

In the future, Royal is quite responsive on their Twitter feed, too.

final update spoke again to royal carribean this time was told if we book the other cruise they could transfer the first deposit to that cruise  so we did it took 2 minutes  why couldn't they do that yesterday and save a lot of angst

final update spoke again to royal carribean this time was told if we book the other cruise they could transfer the first deposit to that cruise  so we did it took 2 minutes  why couldn't they do that yesterday and save a lot of angst

Glad that everything worked out well for you. Have a great cruise!!!!

thanks for all your imput if you read my first post its quite self explanatory i admit we made a simple mistake then tried to move the deposit to the correct cruise within 15 hours and they would not let us do it i talked to the supervisor and they said thats their policy full stop  we have cruised several times with this lot and always enjoyed them they are always sending me glossy magazines barking on how they look after past passengers and this is not the case here

ps to coney raven sorry my intellect is not up to yours you are obviously a much better person than me up there on your high horse

Fist of all .... as I mentioned in a later post .... my apologies to you for my rather cold remark...... I was just in one of those moods .....

Secondly, I am extremely happy that things worked out for you ..... In the end, that's exactly how it's supposed to be .....

Have a fantastic cruise,

Mark

• 2 years later...

First cruise with Royal Caribbean - customer service told us wifi was free. It's not. Their consulation was $20 for miss information. I was stupid enough to book another cruise. 

Second cruise - asked customer service about online promotions I saw. She told me I was lying about the promotions. How does customer service not know about online promotions? Accusing a customer they are lying when in fact customer service is the one lacking knowledge is an insult. She should be fired. The worst is that she never sent travel documents to me. She told me kids did not need passports. When we showed up to board the ship, kids could not board. We lost all of our money. I will never forget that day at the port. My daughter crying for 45 minutes. Devastating how poorly customer service operates. There virtually no regulation for cruise ships like there is for airlines so Royal Carribean takes advantage.  The only regulation is safety. Nothing protecting the customer. They make millions with this trick. The port employees told us Royal Carribean systematically doesn't send travel documents to families to save money. Every cruise several families are unable to board. 

29 minutes ago, Screwed by Royal Caribbean said:

First cruise with Royal Caribbean - customer service told us wifi was free. It's not. Their consulation was $20 for miss information. I was stupid enough to book another cruise. 

Wifi is free in when booking certain Suite rooms, but not in a non-suite room unless it's from a travel agency. If customer service told you that..have them send it too you via text or email to ensure you have it on paper for proof later on.

Second cruise - asked customer service about online promotions I saw. She told me I was lying about the promotions. How does customer service not know about online promotions? Accusing a customer they are lying when in fact customer service is the one lacking knowledge is an insult. She should be fired. 

Not all customer service reps are aware..like previously mentioned document it and if that agent doesn't honor it with proof...talk to another agent.  Not all agents are aware or easy working with.

The worst is that she never sent travel documents to me. She told me kids did not need passports. When we showed up to board the ship, kids could not board. We lost all of our money. I will never forget that day at the port. My daughter crying for 45 minutes. Devastating how poorly customer service operates. There virtually no regulation for cruise ships like there is for airlines so Royal Carribean takes advantage.  The only regulation is safety. Nothing protecting the customer. They make millions with this trick. The port employees told us Royal Carribean systematically doesn't send travel documents to families to save money. Every cruise several families are unable to board. 

In this day and age documents aren't sent out anymore...their on the website for you to download after you check-in via on-line. 

As for the passport issue.. you have to have a passport or original birth certificate to travel.  This should have been in the paperwork for your cruise when you received your receipt.

I would recommend that you book with a reputable Travel Agency and you will be much happier as they will give you correct information to ensure you have a great trip.  They will fight for you so you don't have to.

On 11/2/2016 at 10:57 PM, taylorrka said:

@taylorrka Hi and welcome to the RCB forums!

Yes, I am glad this worked out for you.  Lots of possible reasons to answer your question.  Do you know if you booked non-refundable?  It is what I have been doing as of late and I wonder just how much I could lose if I run into a problem and need to cancel.  I am not sure all RCL employees know all these new rules.  Everyone one makes mistakes, so it's a very good thing that you called back again.  Lesson to be learned here for all of us is that it is always worth while to call more than once if something doesn't seem right.  Thanks for sharing...

@mworkman  Geeze!  First I did not notice when it was started, because it was recently responded to.  I'll have to keep an eye on that sort of thing.  My mistake and I not sure if this forum closes out old posts, but my guess is no.

Yeah, not sure why you double posted.  Is this old thread mucked up somehow?  

Anyway, thanks for letting me know - twice ! ?

23 minutes ago, Cruisely said:

We must ban @Screwed by Royal Caribbean !!!! There is no room for negativity in these forums!!!???

Instead of complaining on a fan site, you could politely ask for help.

Its a shame they didnt join this site prior to cruising because then they would have got all the info they needed. 

Cant believe anyone would go on a cruise that visits at least one foreign country and not think passports where needed, doesnt matter what your told you're leaving the country you need a passport to get back in be it by cruiseship or airline.