Star Class Question

Penq7777

In the past I believe some cabanas were held back for Star Class guest. Is that still a practice. Currently looking to book a cabana in the Beach Club section of Coco Cay but they are old sold out for June sailing. Wondering if there is a chance the Royal Genie when assigned could assist? Thanks in advance for any insight.

22 minutes ago, Penq7777 said:

Wondering if there is a chance the Royal Genie when assigned could assist? 

@Lovetocruise2002is correct of course...there are no cabanas at PDCC that are held for suites but there is always a chance that the Genie can help.  I wouldn't count on that but there's a chance.  I am surprised that cabanas are already sold out for June.  You would be well advised to keep checking....and if the price is acceptable, book it ASAP as they well may sell out by the time you are contacted by your Genie.  Congratulations on Star Class !!

I booked ours right away in the hopes I could catch a cruise planner sale but that didn’t happen. The opposite happened. Prices reached as high as $1899.  When the cabana became unavailable to book through cruise planner it didn’t say “sold out” like other excursions, it said “check onboard” so it’s possible your genie can check with the onboard team. As others have said, keep checking frequently between now and then.  I went back and forth on the cost but in the end this experience was the highlight of our cruise. I am so glad we did it. Good luck! 

6 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I wouldn't count on that but there's a chance. 

Yeah, I wouldn't count on it either.  Our last cruise on Allure last month, according to our Genie, they couldn't even get us priority tram service.  We didn't need it since we wanted to walk, but she said that even someone wanted it, Genies don't get priority for that. YMMV

So these Coco Cay cabanas show unavailable and become available all the time.  Folks seem to be in a constant state of "plan changing" right now.  So on two different sailings I've been able to get the cabana I wanted even though it was unavailable at first and for a while.  I booked what cabana WAS available so we would have SOMETHING.  So finally the "Coco Beach Club- Beach Cabana and Full Day Pass" showed up.  I reserved IT and cancelled the other.  Keep checking....it doesn't hurt to check every day.