Shore Excursion Canceled

Tyler151

So our cruise is in 2 days, and this is the third excursion that has just been canceled. We keep booking other excursions to replace the canceled ones but when we are this close to the cruise I'm worrying what if everything gets canceled after we board?? Shouldn't there be a cutoff time (like 2 days before a cruise) where royal caribbean tells the third party excursion providers they cannot cancel anymore? An RC rep told me they can cancel any time. Want to know if anyone else is having a similar experience. We have a couple more hours to cancel the cruise for a full refund and seriously considering that at this point. 

I seriously doubt that RC could impose such a restriction on third-party excursion providers.  They are typically very small companies that couldn't afford losses on operational costs for sparsely filled excursions.   With omicron, they may be having staffing issues just like RC is having onboard.

I have felt the sting of a cancelled shore excursion just yesterday for my cruise in 9 days with the reason "cancelled due to operational reasons"

On the bright side, the email showed me that I had the $100 OBC that I was waiting for (RCL shareholder benefit).

7 hours ago, Tyler151 said:

So our cruise is in 2 days, and this is the third excursion that has just been canceled. We keep booking other excursions to replace the canceled ones but when we are this close to the cruise I'm worrying what if everything gets canceled after we board?? Shouldn't there be a cutoff time (like 2 days before a cruise) where royal caribbean tells the third party excursion providers they cannot cancel anymore? An RC rep told me they can cancel any time. Want to know if anyone else is having a similar experience. We have a couple more hours to cancel the cruise for a full refund and seriously considering that at this point. 

Unfortunately, Royal leaves all of that up to the operators there. We had an excursion cancelled the morning of due to weather. Royal knows the people on the ground know the situation best and leave it up to them to decide. At best, Royal may review those operators contracts later to see if they've had too many cancellations but that's a future "renewal" thing. Sorry. It's gotta be a bummer, I know.