March cruising?

I have a ton of sympathy for Canadians who want to cruise. Your health authorities have made it nearly impossible for you to travel from Canada to a US cruise port and then return without serious risks that you won't be able re-enter your home country.

There's been multiple symposia among health experts advising the travel and leisure industries that call for uniform rules for international boarder crossings, travel vaccine checks, and pre-entry testing. Has anything come from this, like, you know, cooperation between countries that have an interest in their own tourism economies? Nope. Sad.

If there is one lesson that should be learned in 27 months of enduring the pandemic it is this: Mitigation measures that severely limit personal mobility and social interaction are not going to significantly stem the spread of SARS-CoV2. Importantly they will crush parts of the economies of nations imposing them and impose huge social/mental health costs. Its clear to me that few nations have analyzed the benefits of mitigation measures compared to their costs. Frustrating. 

2 hours ago, WannaCruise said:

Same on both of those  - the date and way of getting there (from Ontario).  Before this clause, we probably would have paid it off and then watched closer to the sail date to see if things had calmed down.  But with this new clause, we will cancel before final payment.  Such a shame as we keep trying to get on this very cruise.

Hopefully it works out for us! Things do change quickly. I’m still going to pay the final payment as we have CWC and FCC. 

On 1/16/2022 at 9:22 PM, Jillyalex said:

Have any Canadians cruised since Royal changed the rules and won't do the onboard PCR testa the end of the cruise? Just wondering how that works? Are we able to get the PCR test at the terminal and then take the Royal shuttle to the airport? What's the cost? Thanks

Where are you cruising from? I would strongly advise using the rapid PCR test through Nomi Health at Miami Airport if cruising from Miami. We used portside testing (it was through NCL after Symphony was cancelled) and it was a joke. Folding table set up in the parking lot. $120USD per person, waited 2.5 hours for results that were both ‘inconclusive’ for my wife and I. We ended up paying again at Nomi Health at the airport and had our negative results in 17 minutes. This was just one experience but I remember a video from a well known Canadian you tuber who had a similar experience when getting off a ship where he took one look at the out door setup and went elsewhere for his test as well.

• 2 weeks later...