What if you get COVID onboard?

I tried to find out what happens to a person, a guest, if you get COVID while on the ship?  Do you have to quarantine somewhere, or are you allowed to leave, and go back home?  Do you finish the cruise, but have to stay in your room?

The issue I have is this, I need to get back home for a new job if this were to happen...

Just trying to figure out what's best practice for me in regards to a, quickly, upcoming cruise.

Thanks!!

On 1/7/2022 at 1:00 AM, WackyCactus said:

I tried to find out what happens to a person, a guest, if you get COVID while on the ship?  Do you have to quarantine somewhere, or are you allowed to leave, and go back home?  Do you finish the cruise, but have to stay in your room?

The issue I have is this, I need to get back home for a new job if this were to happen...

Just trying to figure out what's best practice for me in regards to a, quickly, upcoming cruise.

Thanks!!

The short answer is if you test positive you will be relocated to a designated Covid floor/zone on the ship. You finish the cruise and then they have a set of protocols in place to get the infected off the ship. I am speaking from very recent experience. 

2 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

He was able to drive home. 
I wish we could hear more from those who need to travel back home.  Is Royal private jetting them, if not how is the quarantine hotel if they have to quarantine-does it have wifi? (my kids have college, so if they have to possibly do remote, or just plain old online work we need wifi if quarantined).  Who is making arrangements/flights home, transportation to airport?  Who is paying for food?  How is it obtained? Is there laundry service?-most people don't pack for a quarantine!  Do I just leave my 18 year old in a hotel room and I have to fly home if I am negative?  What about medication and vitamins?

13 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

What about medication and vitamins?

Always pack extras of medications, no matter what the travel situation is.

For those flying, it's going to be a case by case situation. If you are flying domestically within the US the rules are different with respect to quarantine than for those that need to test to return to their country.

• 3 months later...