Wonder OTS ….. Deck 15 ….. area just says “specialty dining” … any clue what restaurant?????

5 hours ago, ChrisK2793 said:

‘Does anybody know what restaurant this will be?  All the other restaurants listed at the attached link already have locations on other decks ……… this is just a random location on deck 15 marked “specialty dining” 

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/ship/wonder-of-the-seas/dining/

350A11C1-AB15-4F61-AD53-BE43D87A483F.jpeg

I looked up the restaurants that are planned to be on Wonder, as I am middle of booking a cruise on her. They list the specialty restaurants on the ship to be:

Wonderland, Chops. 150 Central Park, Johnny Rockets, Giovanni's Kitchen, Hooked, and Playmakers.

16 minutes ago, Linda R said:

I looked up the restaurants that are planned to be on Wonder, as I am middle of booking a cruise on her. They list the specialty restaurants on the ship to be:

Wonderland, Chops. 150 Central Park, Johnny Rockets, Giovanni's Kitchen, Hooked, and Playmakers.

... and Izumi on Deck 4... 😀

image.thumb.png.28b6866b2418e3968fe62dae5e0d81fc.png

18 minutes ago, Linda R said:

Exactly..and all of those are already identified on the deck plans for the ship. We just don't know what this mystery "Specialty Dining" venue outside of the Windjammer is yet.

7 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Exactly..and all of those are already identified on the deck plans for the ship. We just don't know what this mystery "Specialty Dining" venue outside of the Windjammer is yet.

I didn't look to see which ones were already identified.  But it is a small area and Captains Table I do not see on deckplans.  I would guess that will be there.

14 minutes ago, JohnK6404 said:

Is that like the Melting Pot? Fondue-style?

For the most part, no cheese or hot oil involved. The pot is a soup/broth base that everything is cooked in.

Depending on style of restaurant the raw proteins (meat/seafood) are ordered while the vegetables and noodles are done buffet style.

• 2 weeks later...

so now that we know what it will be - an American Southern restaurant - what are people feeling about the potential menu?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/01/19/royal-caribbean-will-offer-southern-food-restaurant-wonder-of-the-seas

As a fan of southern food, I feel like it's a safe proximation of southern foods. Safe staples like chicken n waffles, shrimp and grits and po'boys make sense but I found myself frowning a bit at sweet potato fries as I guess I think of that as more Northern America and the inclusion of that vs just..sweet potatoes or "candied yams" makes me wonder if the rest of the menu will really nail the southern tastes or just be close enough.

2 hours ago, dr martini said:

just saw the front page article stating that wonder will have 100 more staterooms than symphony!  wow.  is that spread across decks or what other significant changes did they make to get those fit?

It's interesting they decided to push this further as far as capacity. I admit, I've been on Symphony when it was 100% full and it didn't feel crowded. Like... at all. The Promenade would get too crowded and hectic in the evenings around and after dinnertime, but I don't remember there ever being long lines or cramped areas anywhere else. Central Park was usually nearly empty. I don't remember the Boardwalk being especially crowded. The pool deck ran out of chairs each day, but it wasn't completely overcrowded or anything. The shows were frequent enough that they were never totally full. 

But, I guess it's a guest's nature to want fewer people aboard. I'm going on Wonder next March during Spring Break, so it's sure to be full. I'll be interested to see how it feels with another few hundred people on board. 

@jeffmw agreed on the promenade and disagree in part on the rest.  we've been on almost all of the voyager class at different times and i've never been on a cruise ship that felt as busy or as full as symphony was spring break March 2019.  a lot of that i'm sure was the spring break of it all, but there were kids running everywhere, top deck was very busy, the usual chair hogs were in full force, lots of tweens in the solarium day and night,  elevators always busy, many onboard attractions booked up before we had the chance to see or book, it was wild.  felt every one of the 6000+ folks onboard.  the only place that didn't feel crazy was thankfully PDCC, vibe was very relaxing there.

10 minutes ago, dr martini said:

@jeffmw agreed on the promenade and disagree in part on the rest.  we've been on almost all of the voyager class at different times and i've never been on a cruise ship that felt as busy or as full as symphony was spring break March 2019.  a lot of that i'm sure was the spring break of it all, but there were kids running everywhere, top deck was very busy, the usual chair hogs were in full force, lots of tweens in the solarium day and night,  elevators always busy, many onboard attractions booked up before we had the chance to see or book, it was wild.  felt every one of the 6000+ folks onboard.  the only place that didn't feel crazy was thankfully PDCC, vibe was very relaxing there.

I guess it all depends on your standards. I can totally see why anyone would feel the pool deck was busy. It definitely was hectic. But I've got young kids and have been to Disney World many times, not to mention plenty of other places both at home and on vacation where kids are rampant, so maybe it just doesn't register with me as much. As for the elevators, you're definitely correct there. There are very often people waiting for elevators, but isn't that a complaint across most cruise ships? Either way, we almost always take the stairs so it doesn't bother us much. 

Your Solarium experience is interesting, though. The entire time we were on the boat during that cruise, I didn't see one kid in the Solarium other than in the Bistro, where they are allowed. 

On 1/21/2022 at 10:25 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

so now that we know what it will be - an American Southern restaurant - what are people feeling about the potential menu?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2022/01/19/royal-caribbean-will-offer-southern-food-restaurant-wonder-of-the-seas

As a fan of southern food, I feel like it's a safe proximation of southern foods. Safe staples like chicken n waffles, shrimp and grits and po'boys make sense but I found myself frowning a bit at sweet potato fries as I guess I think of that as more Northern America and the inclusion of that vs just..sweet potatoes or "candied yams" makes me wonder if the rest of the menu will really nail the southern tastes or just be close enough.

still wondering what people are feeling about the potential menu.....