Adventure of the Sea

LandJ

2 hours ago, LandJ said:

Looking for info on how things are on ship with activities , dining and getting off at ports .  Will be sailing out of Galveston would like to know what to expect . 

I went December 1st sailing from Galveston.  It was the easiest time we have ever had getting on and off.  We parked close to the ship and was on the road in about 20 minutes or so.  This was pre-omicron so we had no problem with any activity and no issues with dining.  We did the MyTime dining. Hopefully someone gives you a more updated cruise experience.

The December 24th cruise was easy for access on and off the ship as well as the ports. Ours was a 4 day so we only stopped at Cozumel and they are super easy as long as you do not try to bring food or fruits in your backpack (clogged up the line for a while with those folks). The activities were a little limited as it was a short cruise and the Omicron bug was just starting but we did not want for things to do. Have fun and enjoy!

My trip was in November so I didn't experience the enhanced protocols but having sailed out of Galveston before, this time was much smoother. I would say have your negative test result and vax card ready to show (probably will help to take a snapshot of the test result), you'll have to show it before the metal detector and when you check in upstairs prior to boarding. 

With the switch to doing the muster drill on the app and with the new process of allowing you to wait in your room until your number is called for debarkation it was the most seamless boarding and de-boarding I've ever experienced. I'm sure the lower passenger numbers also made it seem pretty breezy. I really hope these new procedures are here to stay.

Seemed like we had plenty of shows scheduled (but i'm not a show guy so can't report on those). The Windjammer was closed for dinner since our sailing was below 50% - as capacity reaches that threshold they'll open up the Windjammer for dinner which for a solo cruise I really prefer.