FCCs

Last Lion

14 minutes ago, twangster said:

not perfect, but it's something.

I really think it is better to apply it to a cruise, any cruise in the future that is likely to happen.  Make sure it is applied correctly. With any luck it will be documented on the cruise vacation receipt.  That way you will know where it went and have it applied to something.

Mine were all screwed up and I could not understand as their numbers didn't match with mine. I went to their Twitter messaging area and asked them to clarify my FCC's I gave our names and crown and anchor numbers, it took a few days but they sent me the FCC numbers with the amounts tethered. I did a screen shot to keep the integrity of the communication in anticipation of any "problems" moving forward. FCC is an odd thing with Royal & honestly given the choice moving forward I will never ask for FCC again. 

Good Luck, but do ask as I had a great many cancellations and then I was armed with every FCC credited to us. 

41 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I really think it is better to apply it to a cruise, any cruise in the future that is likely to happen.  Make sure it is applied correctly. With any luck it will be documented on the cruise vacation receipt.  That way you will know where it went and have it applied to something.

I like to keep mine off any booking until closer to final payment due date.  Things change like a death in the family.  This resulted in some cancelled cruises due to the new family situation.  If I had applied FCC it greatly complicates exercising CWC for future cruise.  Sometimes they will re-issue FCC and sometimes they won't.  

I much prefer keeping mine unattached and available until I'm sure I'm sailing.  

Since you can apply multiple FCC to a single cruise now, I stack mine towards specific cruises I am more confident I'll sail.  

Either way over-documenting is critical.  Keep lots of notes.

6 hours ago, twangster said:

I like to keep mine off any booking until closer to final payment due date.

I certainly can understand that strategy too!  Except when the time comes to apply a FCC it seems to be hard to find the FCC.  On the other hand, it can be challenging to remove a FCC and apply it a different cruise.  I was told it could take months to accomplish that feat.  

I agree with @Sharla and "I have nothing nice to say about finding FCCs and applying FCCs". 

I did manage to apply a FCC once and went on the cruise so it is nice that I don't have to worry about that FCC anymore!

Silly question regarding FCC as this is really the first time we’ve dealt with it. We had booked a cruise for our family of four in February 2022 back early 2021, thinking things would have calmed down. Then when the vaccination requirements came out, we chose to cancel that cruise, as our kids are 9 & 11 and were not yet approved for the vaccine. We got the FCC but it says it has to be used for that specific person, which the kids are not yet vaccinated and not sure yet when they will be. Can I request that FCC be remapped to myself or my husband?