Cruise compass

Flowrider

Last week on the Navigator we weren’t getting the paper cruise compass because the “printer broke.”  You could get one from guest services upon request, but nothing in the stateroom.

Is there a chance they are phasing it out for the app?  Not a fan of carrying my phone around the ship, much rather check the compass at night.

6 hours ago, BowTieBrigade said:

We were told by staff that it was part of a phase-out. Granted, not the hotel director. 

On Anthem a month ago, and Cruise Compasses were only available upon request. I've seen photos on other ships of Cruise Compasses being available "in bulk" in what looks like a magazine holder? This wasn't anywhere on Anthem. 

By Day 3 we asked our stateroom attendant for a copy each day, and they happily obliged. They're definitely being printed, but maybe it was a suite perk? 

2 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

In all my cruises post-COVID, Cruise Compasses were placed in my room each night.  Some ships had them on the racks by Guest Services, others did not.  I've seen a good number of guests still using them instead of the app.

App is convenient, but harder to read everything on the phone (eyes are getting old!).  I liked getting mine the night before & circling things I might like to do. I can see doing that now, then putting it in my app calendar to carry with me.

5 minutes ago, MaryCS62 said:

App is convenient, but harder to read everything on the phone (eyes are getting old!).  I liked getting mine the night before & circling things I might like to do. I can see doing that now, then putting it in my app calendar to carry with me.

This is what I do too.  I like reading the CC as I am winding down for the day.  Even with good eyesight I still prefer the CC because the information is all there, without having to constantly swipe the phone screen.

40 minutes ago, FJ28 said:

I was on Anthem around Thanksgiving and was told by the room attendant that you could request it to be delivered to your room each night.  She said they have only been bringing it to senior citizen cabins since the restart. 

AARP started sending me invites when I turned 49, so I assume I qualify for delivered Cruise Compasses (since I'm "a few"  years past that),

45 minutes ago, FJ28 said:

I was on Anthem around Thanksgiving and was told by the room attendant that you could request it to be delivered to your room each night.  She said they have only been bringing it to senior citizen cabins since the restart. 

In November on Freedom everyone got one, so maybe that applied to just the Anthem or certain ships about the “since the restart” thing. We certainly are not seniors unless they lowered the age.