Symphony - Does she leave St Maarten Tonight?

Donomania

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Welcome to the forums!  I'm so sorry that you're on Covid Row, though 🥲

Thank you! My wife has been enjoying the trip for both of us… once she was sprung from her jail 🙂

Staff here has been phenomenal… can’t complain… outside of Ms. Symphony taking up my beautiful island view! 🙂

4 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Was she also quarantined as a close contact, or how did that work?

She remained in out original room for 24… more like 36 hours… tested negative this morning and went to the beach. She’s good to go. 

It’s Deck 3 for me - nothing but me, time, internet, television, room service and a view 🙂

36 minutes ago, Donomania said:

Did my video come through on my first post? It’s a great (yes, biased) time lapse of Symphony coming alongside here in St. Maarten this morning. 

It did not.  I'm not great with the whole technology of the message boards, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

28 minutes ago, MarkusB said:

Took this photo at 8:30pm from the Allure. My wife counted about 40 people with luggage leaving the Symphony in the front of the ship. The guys in the white suits are in the back. 

442A1804-5180-49BC-BCDC-AB7E06567A5D.jpeg

I watched the same 🙂

They seem to be doing some sort of crew shift. There are about 50 crew our there right now with luggage. Maybe the are coming to Allure?

I’m on Symphony. We are not stopping in STT tomorrow and have 2 days at sea now before CocoCay so that’s why we’re still sitting here I’m guessing. Not sure what the reason is but likely the same covid crew stuff….  

2 hours ago, AAD said:

I’m on Symphony. We are not stopping in STT tomorrow and have 2 days at sea now before CocoCay so that’s why we’re still sitting here I’m guessing. Not sure what the reason is but likely the same covid crew stuff….  

How is the cruise going on Symphony? We are on the next sailing.

Did Allure missed any ports so far on this cruise?

And did the captain announce Covid numbers? Can anyone tell me what is the capacity on board currently?

We were on Allure  two weeks ago (capacity was 4000 passengers = 66%) and there was no announcement whatsoever regarding how many Covid patients on board. Although the captain did ask me if I feel safe cruising on his ship, my answer was yes, as long as I stay on deck 17 in my tiny little cruising bubble. 🙂

My husband and I  suppose to board the ship on Jan 8 and stay on board for a month, but I am struggling a bit if we should or shouldn't.

how did you end up in quarantine? were you sick and took a test on the ship or were tested as part of contract tracing. I have a few thousand employees and the unvaccinated are tested weekly. They regularly test positive on the antigen test especially when they have a cold and this last week half those who test positive with rapid tests then test negative with pcr tests. I really don't want to get sent to a quarantine deck for an asymptomatic false positive. I don't anticipate a test at all onboard. Or are you a staff member? I also am curious how your wife tested out of quarantine so quickly, all reports so far is a positive in the same cabin sends the whole room home at the next port. Plus those with covid tend to test positive on both tests beyond recovery of symptoms, hence the new guidance that after 5 days from onset your are likely not contagious. It's all so preplexing.

9 hours ago, Donomania said:

in Covid Positive Jail on Deck 3 - and wondering if I might get my island view back for a little while 🙂

Sorry you're in covid jail.  I'm in it at home in Ohio.  We don't have much of a view here, either.   I was checking the St. Maartain schedule for today and it says 6 ships are supposed to be there by 8AM!  And one is Harmony!   Looks like you can get some nice video of the "boatload" of ships arriving this morning until you get another day of ships in port view. 

8 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

How is the cruise going on Symphony? We are on the next sailing.

It has been pretty great! We are getting 1 day fare OBC for the STT stop cancellation. The crew service is amazing. Food is awesome. We really loved 150 Park Central. Otherwise, Coastal Kitchen has been the best!   The shows are pared down- no Aqua, or Broadway productions. 

7 hours ago, Blue Waters said:

And did the captain announce Covid numbers? Can anyone tell me what is the capacity on board currently?

We were on Allure  two weeks ago (capacity was 4000 passengers = 66%) and there was no announcement whatsoever regarding how many Covid patients on board. Although the captain did ask me if I feel safe cruising on his ship, my answer was yes, as long as I stay on deck 17 in my tiny little cruising bubble. 🙂

My husband and I  suppose to board the ship on Jan 8 and stay on board for a month, but I am struggling a bit if we should or shouldn't.

Prior to the cruise, there were a few port adjustments… months back… but a final one days before indicating we would miss San Juan and replace with an overnight (2 days) here in St. Maarten. We ended up missing St. Thomas as well… They refunded a full day’s cruise fare per person… and brought us to St. Kitts for an overnight. 

Truthfully, they are doing their absolute best. Your stops may change… get cancelled, etc… but Allure has been phenomenal (says the guy who’s been in Covid isolation since late Sunday night/early Monday). 🙂

3 hours ago, Temeculaguy said:

how did you end up in quarantine? were you sick and took a test on the ship or were tested as part of contract tracing. I have a few thousand employees and the unvaccinated are tested weekly. They regularly test positive on the antigen test especially when they have a cold and this last week half those who test positive with rapid tests then test negative with pcr tests. I really don't want to get sent to a quarantine deck for an asymptomatic false positive. I don't anticipate a test at all onboard. Or are you a staff member? I also am curious how your wife tested out of quarantine so quickly, all reports so far is a positive in the same cabin sends the whole room home at the next port. Plus those with covid tend to test positive on both tests beyond recovery of symptoms, hence the new guidance that after 5 days from onset your are likely not contagious. It's all so preplexing.

I started feeling ill at dinner… and did the right thing. That’s the long and the short of it 🙂

3 hours ago, need2cruz said:

Sorry you're in covid jail.  I'm in it at home in Ohio.  We don't have much of a view here, either.   I was checking the St. Maartain schedule for today and it says 6 ships are supposed to be there by 8AM!  And one is Harmony!   Looks like you can get some nice video of the "boatload" of ships arriving this morning until you get another day of ships in port view. 

I’ll take your word for it on 6 ships… wouldn’t be surprised… 

However, I can confirm that Harmony is in port… She’s my view for the day 🙂 

Symphony pulled out last night around 11 PM (roughly). Harmony arrived this morning sometime around 6?

Here’s my view for the day 🙂 

CFEC194E-70EA-4A32-96B3-F6B44124390C.jpeg

B12116C4-853A-43B2-A019-52C51CA5EA46.jpeg

16 hours ago, Donomania said:

Third time - should be - a charm. Added to YouTube… here is the link. Symphony Entering St. Maarten 1/4/22

This video worked fine.😊

I'm sorry you're having to endure this.  This is tough for the folks affected, and for the folks trying to keep it together.

I am scheduled on a cruise in late February.  I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Get well soon!

Wayne. (from rainy Western Oregon)

13 hours ago, Blue Waters said:

The only announcement from the captain was on the morning we were waved off St Thomas.  At that time 27 crew and 3 passengers were positive - all asymptomatic.

Passenger total for this NYE cruise are somewhere between 3200 - 3400.

I don't remember hearing any other update on other people not feeling well.

26 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

Do you know yet how this will affect you getting home? Did you drive or fly to port?

I haven’t heard the final details though.. .but it sounds like I will need to isolate in a hotel somewhere when we get back… and then fly home to Texas. 

I will update once I find out the protocols. 

Interested if anyone out there knows the protocols…

11 minutes ago, Donomania said:

I haven’t heard the final details though.. .but it sounds like I will need to isolate in a hotel somewhere when we get back… and then fly home to Texas. 

I will update once I find out the protocols. 

Interested if anyone out there knows the protocols…

I can't say for the ship, but the new CDC guidelines are isolate for 10 days from symptom onset or may be shortened to the first day without symptoms after day 5 if a well fitting mask can be worn for the remainder of the  10 days.. 

25 minutes ago, Kathleen said:

I can't say for the ship, but the new CDC guidelines are isolate for 10 days from symptom onset or may be shortened to the first day without symptoms after day 5 if a well fitting mask can be worn for the remainder of the  10 days.. 

SOunds like I may be getting an extended stay in Ft. Lauderdale then! I’ll post when I find out what is going to happen. I am lucky in that I can essentially work from anywhere (with an internet connection)… So I am just going with the flow! 🙂

8 minutes ago, Donomania said:

SOunds like I may be getting an extended stay in Ft. Lauderdale then! I’ll post when I find out what is going to happen. I am lucky in that I can essentially work from anywhere (with an internet connection)… So I am just going with the flow! 🙂

I love your positive attitude.  Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

3 minutes ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I love your positive attitude.  Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us!

LOL… I am all on my own… I don’t want to hear myself complain!! 🙂

I’m trying to get a timelapse of Harmony leaving port (if she leaves before us)… and then us leaving St. Maarten… I’ll post them later. 

#gottaremainbusy!