How can I find rooms with pullman beds on Allure?

jbrinkm

I'd like to book a spring cruise for 4 people on Allure of the Seas - including my two teens of different genders. We're ok squeezing into a tight space with one bathroom, but my kids can't share the sofa bed so I'm looking for a room that has at least one Pullman in addition to the sofa bed (or two Pullmans + no sofa bed, or two bunk beds). I know they exist on the ship, but I can't seem to find the right combination of search terms to bring them up. Has anyone had any luck with this? I'm flexible about interior/window/balcony room types - right now the prices are close enough that it won't make that much of a difference; I just really want a sleeping arrangement that will work for us. I also don't want to pay for a suite. Do I need to use a travel agent or is it possible to find these rooms on my own through the website?

There are some ultra spacious cabins on Oasis class that have bunk beds but very few of them and they go quickly.  

You are seeking a rare commodity.  Many people book two cabins, connecting or next door with the added benefit of another bathroom.  

This is definitely something an experienced travel agent can help with but if you want to go it on your own just start doing the research and pricing various options.

12 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I thought I remembered a king, pullout sofa and then a ceiling bed in Central Park and Boardwalk balcony rooms for 5.  I may be misremembering.  Also the ultra spacious (family) balcony and ocean view rooms that hold 6.

There are some odd cabins for 3 or 5, but not 4... I don't think.  

Technically the AquaTheater Suites have pullman so I should be more careful using a blanket statement.

The 1R "Spacious Interior" may be an option.

The 1N Oceanview may be an option.

The 1K Ultra Spacious Ocean View may be an option.

The 1A Ultra Spacious Ocean View may be an option.

There are some 3D balconies that may work but many 3D use the sofa to reach capacity.   Be careful picking 3D balcony cabins for your requirement.

I'm not sure if my story is helpful here, but sharing in case it is. Last fall, I was also hoping to book a room with a pullman bed for an upcoming cruise on Oasis (Feb 13th, 2022).  Room was for two young boys and an adult, and I figured they'd be most comfortable with a pullman, leaving the sofa free. I had picked out a room that sleeps 5 according to the deck map (7187) and so I assumed it must have a pullman. 

When I spoke with Royal's customer service, they insisted there is no pullman bed in that room and it does not sleep 5. I didn't know what to say... the deck map vs. the customer agent, lol. I ended the call, called again and had another customer agent tell me the same thing.

I ended up booking another room entirely, without a pullman, but am still perplexed as why customer service and the map contradict. 

I am also not sure (but, I bet someone on this forum knows and will chime in) how you would sleep five in an interior room without a pullman. 

Go to this link and you can explorer every deck. The stateroom will be marked for max occupancy.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruise-ships/allure-of-the-seas/deck-plans/2068/03

• Stateroom with occupancy up to 3 Stateroom with occupancy up to 3
  • Stateroom with occupancy up to 4 Stateroom with occupancy up to 4
  • Stateroom with occupancy up to 5 Stateroom with occupancy 5 and up
  • Connecting staterooms Connecting staterooms
  • Accessible staterooms Indicates accessible staterooms
  • Obstructed View These staterooms have obstructed views

2 hours ago, Cameron said:

Also Cruise Mapper has even more information on their key.  Just go to https://www.cruisemapper.com/deckplans and select Royal Caribbean, Ship's name, then look at the various decks.  Hope it helps.

I would NOT use CruiseMapper's key -- they have some of the symbols completely reversed. For instance, they say that the triangle symbol represents a sofa bed and the asterisk is a room with a Pullman. In fact, that is the opposite. The triangle represents a room with a capacity of 3 -- regular bed + single Pullman; the asterisk represents a room with a capacity for 4 -- regular bed + double sofa bed.

In my experience, any room that is marked for 5+ will have enough sleeping arrangements to separate the two teens. They do not have a single sleeping "apparatus" for more than 2.

You can find a handful of rooms in each category that are marked as capacity for 5+, which will have a sofa bed + Pullman. The Ultraspacious rooms are great (they have bunk beds), but come at a premium -- you're almost certain to find connecting rooms within the same type (OV, balcony, etc.) cost less than the 1 US room.

For examples on Allure (each of these videos either has the Pullman pulled down, or you can see where it is in the ceiling) -- you'll note each of these are marked as 5+ on the deckplans:

Boardwalk Balcony - 12729: 

Central Park Balcony - 12179: 

Oceanview Balcony - 12316: 

Oceanview - 3180 (only OVs I see for 5+ are on Deck 3): 

I've always used the Royal Key with the understanding that room for 3 has a sofa bed, while the room for 4 has two ceiling bunks.  This has been for Vision, Voyager, and Freedom class sailings....

We are booked in an Aft Corner Balcony on Freedom Class for June that is for 3 but has a single Ceiling Bunk... and a BIG balcony!!! Had to research this big time beforehand as sleeper sofas take up too much floorspace when deployed...

We booked two adjoining staterooms at the back of Deck 7 on Allure.  One room is set for 4 and one for 2.  Hoping the 4 is bunks but never sailed on Oasis Class

I agree with others in regards to booking 2 cabins! We are sailing on Allure for spring break and originally selected the Spacious OV but then on a whim I priced 2 connecting interior rooms and it was less expensive. Since booking we have upgraded with no additional cost to 2 connecting central park interiors. Excited to have 2 bathrooms, 2 tvs, and some privacy! 

5 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Are these cabins for 5 on Oasis-Class only bookable for 5 via the phone?  Was trying to do a dummy booking for availability/pricing and cannot put 5 in a cabin...

You do have to call and book since they have to split 5 people into two reservations in their system. However the rate for the 5th person will be the same as the 3rd passenger rate, so if you do a mock booking and look at the per person breakdown you will know how much it should approximately be.

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I think I got too late of a jump on Allure for the sailing I wanted, plus the prices were getting a little steep for what was left, and there were no interior connecting rooms left either. My issue was that I knew there were rooms that existed on Allure with at least one Pullman - as many of you mentioned - but I couldn't GET to them using their website. I kept trying different room searches but they just weren't coming up. I don't know if they didn't want to show those rooms because we only had 4 people and not 5, or if all of them were taken already. Either way, we ended up going with Jewel instead (I know, a smaller ship with less to do but we were able to get a pullman + sofa spacious room with an ocean-view balcony with 2 extra nights and an additional port stop for less $$ than Allure would have been). In the future, does anyone know if there is any way to search for particular categories on a ship? Or just the standard "interior", "ocean view", "balcony" etc...?