Drink Package Question

rjac

When I purchased a drink package on board the ship, they would put a little sticker on my sea pass card. I just took advantage of the 30% discount on a drink package for my cruise in March 2017. Who will put the sticker on my sea pass card and when? Or have they done away with the stickers? Thanks.

When I purchased a drink package on board the ship, they would put a little sticker on my sea pass card. I just took advantage of the 30% discount on a drink package for my cruise in March 2017. Who will put the sticker on my sea pass card and when? Or have they done away with the stickers? Thanks.

We were on Oasis last week and the sticker was not applied at check in.  We had to go to one of the crew members who were selling packages on board and ask for the sticker.  Each of these individuals had a list of passengers that had pre-purchased drink packages.  Once confirmed by name and stateroom number, the sticker was applied to your SeaPass.

We were on Oasis last week and the sticker was not applied at check in. We had to go to one of the crew members who were selling packages on board and ask for the sticker. Each of these individuals had a list of passengers that had pre-purchased drink packages. Once confirmed by name and stateroom number, the sticker was applied to your SeaPass.

That sends weird and counter intuitive. I've only bought packages three times, but each time there sticker was already on the card when I received it at check-in. I have had problems receiving the refillable mug in the cabin.

I've noticed recently they've started printing your drink package on to your sea pass rather than applying a sticker. 

Well, that would seem to make the most sense and it is what I assumed when no sticker was applied at check-in.  But once on board, I asked a bar tender if that was the case and was told no.  I had to have the sticker applied manually.  Go figure...

If they can load C&A perks on the card, why not pre-purchased drink packages?

• 4 weeks later...

First timer here... Travelling soon.. There is only 1 alcohol drinks package.. I just dont know.  Will it make me drink more?  hahaha. Im looking forward to many cocktails and a few drinks at night time.  For my teens, lm guessing they will then only have water ???

First timer here... Travelling soon.. There is only 1 alcohol drinks package.. I just dont know.  Will it make me drink more?  hahaha. Im looking forward to many cocktails and a few drinks at night time.  For my teens, lm guessing they will then only have water ???

The Deluxe Package includes bottled water, sparkling water, specialty coffees (at the non-Starbucks kiosk), and alcohol. I've found that if you drink more than a few alcoholic beverages a day, you're better off with the package. Mimosas with breakfast, a drink or two by the pool, and wine with dinner adds up quickly. Also, there's definitely something to be said for not having to worry about what your bill will be at the end of the cruise. 

As for non-alcoholic packages, I believe there are one or two options that include bottled water, fresh juices, coffees, soda, etc. 

The main blog just made a good post that helps sorting this out:

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/11/30/royal-caribbean-drink-package-right-you

I would start with the last paragraph of the post:

"At a minimum, the unlimited alcohol package requires around a half dozen drinks per day, every day to be a good value for you. Reading this, you will have instantly thought to yourself, "That is a lot of drinking" or "That is not really that much" and that is when you know if the packages in general may be a good choice for you."

The main blog just made a good post that helps sorting this out:

http://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/11/30/royal-caribbean-drink-package-right-you

I would start with the last paragraph of the post:

"At a minimum, the unlimited alcohol package requires around a half dozen drinks per day, every day to be a good value for you. Reading this, you will have instantly thought to yourself, "That is a lot of drinking" or "That is not really that much" and that is when you know if the packages in general may be a good choice for you."

A very good reference. Thanks for linking it here.

If one is into fresh juice in the morning, bottled water, and a latte or two, then he or she can even find value with as little as 3 alcoholic drinks per day.

If one is into fresh juice in the morning, bottled water, and a latte or two, then he or she can even find value with as little as 3 alcoholic drinks per day.

I agree with that if someone would otherwise be paying for those things anyway. I like all of those things, and if I had a package I'd get them and when factoring in their cost I'd "break even" on the package a lot quicker. However, if I didn't have the package I'd also be happy with the complimentary alternatives available (e.g. brewed coffee, glasses of ice water, orange juice from concentrate, etc.), and I wouldn't otherwise pay the price for the premium offerings.

I agree with that if someone would otherwise be paying for those things anyway. I like all of those things, and if I had a package I'd get them and when factoring in their cost I'd "break even" on the package a lot quicker. However, if I didn't have the package I'd also be happy with the complimentary alternatives available (e.g. brewed coffee, glasses of ice water, orange juice from concentrate, etc.), and I wouldn't otherwise pay the price for the premium offerings.

Completely agree. I gravitate towards the Replenish package, but only on cruises where I know I'll get enjoyment/use out of it. My last cruise was 13 nights with only one sea day, so I didn't get the package. The next cruise is 6 nights with 3 Seas days, so I opted fire there packages particularly because it was on sale. On the longer sailings though, it's hard to justify $250 for the non alcoholic package especially now that I'm diamond.

Completely agree. I gravitate towards the Replenish package, but only on cruises where I know I'll get enjoyment/use out of it. My last cruise was 13 nights with only one sea day, so I didn't get the package. The next cruise is 6 nights with 3 Seas days, so I opted fire there packages particularly because it was on sale. On the longer sailings though, it's hard to justify $250 for the non alcoholic package especially now that I'm diamond.

sorry to be a nuff, but wouldnt you get packages for the cruises with less shore days ???

So l should be okay for my teens with the complimentary stuff?  l cant find what the actual complimentary drinks are.

BTW - lm loving these boards, lm going to keep sailing just to be on here  :P

sorry to be a nuff, but wouldnt you get packages for the cruises with less shore days ???

So l should be okay for my teens with the complimentary stuff?  l cant find what the actual complimentary drinks are.

BTW - lm loving these boards, lm going to keep sailing just to be on here  :P

I do get it, usually, where there are a lot of at sea days.  If I'm ashore (in port) then I'm not on the ship using the package.  When we were in the Baltic, we were off the ship from about 8 in the morning to 6 or 7 at night, so there was much opportunity to utilize the package if I had had one.

Complimentary drinks include juice in the morning, milk, one form of flavored water in the buffet, and then iced tea, water, coffee, and hot tea throughout the ship and in the restaurants.

So l should be okay for my teens with the complimentary stuff?

That depends on what and how much they drink. DocLC listed the complimentary drinks in the prior post -- will that cut it? Or are they going to be drinking a bunch of cokes (or other pop) every day? We generally avoid carbonated soft drinks in my family and so apart from a virgin pina colada as a poolside treat for my daughter (and maybe a second one if we go to the evening show) we do fine with the complimentary drinks available in the restaurants.

• 1 month later...