Anybody interested in taking over a cabin on Harmony in March?

davelliott

Is anybody interested in going solo on the Harmony of the Seas on March 4, 2017 on an Eastern route to Nassau, St. Thomas, and St. Maarten?  

I booked a C2, Central Park Balcony, cabin in June 2015 for me and my nephew.  I got such a good deal, that my other nephew decided to join us (with his wife).  When I was on the Independence in September 2015, I put down a deposit for the two of them in a C2 cabin next to ours.  In the three months between these two bookings, the rate increased, but it has increased much more since then.  We then transferred both cabins to an online travel agency to get some great perks.  This second cabin has $300 OBC from Royal and an additional $175 from the travel agent.  The price as of today for a C2 with the BOGO60 sale is $3,022.

The problem that we have encountered now is that my 2nd nephew's wife is pregnant and is due to give birth just before the sailing.  Therefore, they are not able to go with me and my first nephew.  Since this travel agent has a "change/cancel" fee, we haven't actually cancelled their cabin yet.  

I am posting this here to see if any single person would be interested in "taking over" their cabin to get a good price and get some perks.  If so, this person would be responsible for paying the total cost of the cabin.  The price that they have reserved is $2,323 base plus $219.34 for taxes/fees.  The total due to Royal for the cabin is $2,542.34 (we have already put down $500 deposit out of this).  The travel agent fee if they cancel is $100.  We could just cancel and get back $400 of our deposit.  However, Royal does allow one name change on the reservation and still keep the existing reservation.  So if someone is interested in going solo, we can just change the wife's name and have my nephew be a no-show.  I read some reports online that people have been no-shows for various reasons and the person who traveled was awarded the double points for sailing solo.

I was hoping that someone might be interested in this to get the $475 in OBC and this would also save me the loss of $100.

Let me know if you are interested and I can talk to you in greater detail.  The final payment date to the travel agent is 11/17/16, so I will have to cancel the reservation by then if I can't find someone else to take over their cabin.