Kids and the Ultimate Dining Package

MattG

Hi everyone, 

I know that at specialty restaurants, kids 6-10 are $10 each and kids under 5 are free. We're looking at UDP for Oasis for the adults ($167 for a 7-day cruise), but there's ALSO an offering in the Cruise Planner for UDP for Kids at $79. At $10/meal, that would mean we'd need 8 specialty dining meals to break even.

Am I reading this right? Would it just make more sense to pay the $10 surcharge if we're doing 5-7 specialty meals? 

For our party (3x adults, 1x 6-year old, 2x under 5), we'd need 3x UDP plus 1x $10 surcharge at Chops, Giovanni's, 150CP. I know Izumi Hibachi charges a $10 surcharge on top of UDP, would the 6-year old still be $10? And the 2x under 5 still free? 

Thanks, everyone!

23 minutes ago, KristiZ said:

Your math is correct. Only additional thing to consider is if you want to do lunches in specialty venues. Depending on how many port days there are (when specialty dining is usually closed) you may be adding 3-4 more meals.

Yeah, we're thinking about this too, but don't want to subject the kiddos to too much specialty dining fatigue 😄 We also want to check out Portside and Playmakers for lunch (kiddos can nosh on some of our food), so we'll definitely be putting the UDP to good use!