If someone had covid 2 weeks prior to cruising and tests negative 2 days prior to cruise can they go

I think it depends on if you can pass the health questionnaire that opens up 24 hours before the sail time.  I'm not sure what the current questions are for that, so maybe someone that has sailed within the last few weeks can give some input on what they are asking.  I know they ask about exposure to someone positive in the prior 14 days and symptoms, but not sure if they're asking if you've tested positive within the last 14 days or not.

5 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I know they ask about exposure to someone positive in the prior 14 days and symptoms, but not sure if they're asking if you've tested positive within the last 14 days or not.

Wouldn't testing positive and being exposed to someone positive (self exposure) be synonymous? 🤣

Yes, as a warning if you answer yes to this question on the health questionnaire, you will get denied boarding. 

9 minutes ago, AspiringCruisePlanner said:

Wouldn't testing positive and being exposed to someone positive (self exposure) be synonymous? 🤣

Yes, as a warning if you answer yes to this question on the health questionnaire, you will get denied boarding. 

😆 Yeah, I would expect that's the reason why I didn't remember there being an additional question asking if you had actually tested positive within the past 14 days; maybe it's assumed that you would answer yes for self-exposure.  I didn't pay enough attention to the questions when I sailed in November. 

I have talked with someone who said they were asked this past week if they had tested positive in the prior 10 days on the health questionnaire.  They had tested negative the 2 days prior to boarding, but their last positive test had been within the 10 days.  They were denied boarding and not given the option have a secondary screening at boarding (take a test right at boarding).

I haven't actually seen the health questionnaire questions lately, so the above is just hearsay.

I just know the magic number has been 14 days for everything that they were asking about over the summer, so if the last positive test was more than 14 days ago then it shouldn't be an issue.

It's a tough spot to be in since the PCR and NAAT tests often still pick up the virus long after the infectious period is over. Antigen seems to be less sensitive.

13 minutes ago, loki007 said:

I would say absolutely. They are well beyond a stage where they would be infectious to others. 

The revised CDC guidelines follow this logic.  The guidelines that the cruise lines follow hasn't been revised as far as I know. 

Royal Caribbean's policy says they will offer 100% cruise fare refund for you, and your Travelling Party, if any of you tests positive for COVID-19 within 14 days prior to the cruise or at the boarding terminal prior to the cruise. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2022 at 10:21 AM, John Kilduff said:

Why wouldn’t you require booster shots. They are readily available and would offer added protection and peace of mind. To me, it’s a no brained!  John Kilduff

I don't think it "adds protection" it adds "defense" against a worse case.  Omicron has hit those who are fully vaxxed as well as those who are vaxxed AND boostered.  
Royal is doing it's best with the testing they ask for in addition to their health questionnaire and the onboard protocols to prevent the spread. 

I know of someone who has sinus issues and answered one of the Health Questionnaire questions about a runny nose or something like that-YES.  He was denied to continue.  He was able to call Royal and explain his extensive sinus issues and they did an additional screening at the pier.  I tell this anecdote because innocently answering truthfully can get your cruise cancelled.  Since this person has a drippy nose daily for his entire life he likely should not have answered yes.  The health questionnaire does say to read it carefully and once submitted you cannot go back and make changes. 
having Covid 2 weeks prior?  I believe the questionnaire is specific as to when you may have tested positive.  Work backwards from your sail date (not test date) The healthy sail questionnaire opens 24 hours prior to your embarkation.   By the time you answer that questionnaire you likely have your test results if you did the rapid antigen 2 days prior to sailing.