The Three Sisters in port today.

Leroyr55

We're on the Anthem.

St. Thomas was part of our original itinerary for today but was changed yesterday for St. Maarten. I'd like to think the company decided to not wait until we were tied up at St. Thomas and then be told we couldn't disembark...but pay the port fees for docking. I'm thinking Axel Foley, "I ain't falling for the banana in the tail pipe again!". I guess I'm just a wee bit cynical. Hey! A little humor is good. Especially now.

9 minutes ago, BrianB said:

We had St. Kitts scheduled today as an alternate...but that was canceled and this morning we arrived in St. John's Antigua. Immediately cleared and disembarkation begun.

Have a wonderful day in port! We're scheduled on the Hike and Beach excursion there at the beginning of February. 

It's also pretty easy to grab a taxi there and head towards one of the beaches - very pretty island! 

On 1/5/2022 at 11:32 AM, Vancity Cruiser said:

What was the original itinerary?

San Juan, PR…St. Thomas…St. Maarten.

San Juan was canceled prior to our sail date so it left St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Then St. Thomas cancelled so they moved up St. Maarten one day and added (I think Barbados?) but then that was canceled and we headed from St. Maarten to St. Kitts but that was canceled while we were on the way, so we ended up docking in Antigua. We arrived early and had no problems clearing and disembarking. I appreciate how Royal got us into a port rather than just kept us at sea. Hopefully this new surge will be short lived like it’s being predicted to be and things will settle.