CWC into June? Maybe? Thoughts?

Neesa

I have an amazing cabin on the Mariner June 13, 2022 for a 5 night sailing to Royals private Islands with some sea days. My daughter informed us she wants to take a class over the summer on campus, she hates on line. Clearly, the class takes priority at this point so I was going to cancel CWC since I booked it last year, I misunderstood the parameters. It's a $300.00 deposit I was just going to put towards our Thanksgiving sailing (non refundable of course) 

I know no one knows and has a crystal ball BUT would anyone care to surmise? Did you notice when the extensions of CWC occurred in the month? I am leaving it alone until final payment which I believe is 30 days prior, or is it? Yikes, I apologize as I never really take copious notes on these things because canceling from me is just not in my nature. 

I do know I can't lift & shift, I may be making a $300.00 donation to Royal...I just wish they would give it to their hard working crew. Thanks for stopping by to read my tale of woe.

Inside Out Reaction GIF

Hi Nessa,

I found this on RCL FAQ:

What is the Cruise with Confidence policy?

A

As of May 6, 2020, we have enhanced and expanded our Cruise with Confidence policy to give you even more peace of mind. The new Cruise with Confidence policy allows our guests that booked their cruise on or before January 31, 2022, to cancel any cruise departing on-or-before May 31, 2022, up to 48 hours before your sail date and receive a Future Cruise Credit. The credit can be used toward any cruise that sets sail through December 31, 2022, or one year from the original sailing date, whichever is later. 

Have your TA contact Royal.  While not guaranteed, mine has been able to move cruises to other ships and sail dates absent of an official L&S program.  

Before you attempt it, know what other sailing you want in the future.  

This falls under the "it never hurts to ask" policy.

If they decline, wait it out until you are closer to final payment due date.  You never know if CWC will get extended another month.  

18 minutes ago, Va4fam said:

How long do we have to use FCC under the CWC program?   And do the FCCs go to each person the registered for the cruise (including kids)?

As of right now for CWC, you must rebook using the FCC by May 31, 2022 for a sailing that departs by December 31, 2022 or one year from original sail date, whichever is further out.

The future cruise credits are non-transferable so each person is only allowed to use the credits for themselves. The exemption is for minors where there parents or guardians are allowed to use their FCCs.

1 hour ago, Neesa said:

I have an amazing cabin on the Mariner June 13, 2022 for a 5 night sailing to Royals private Islands with some sea days. My daughter informed us she wants to take a class over the summer on campus, she hates on line. Clearly, the class takes priority at this point so I was going to cancel CWC since I booked it last year, I misunderstood the parameters. It's a $300.00 deposit I was just going to put towards our Thanksgiving sailing (non refundable of course) 

I know no one knows and has a crystal ball BUT would anyone care to surmise? Did you notice when the extensions of CWC occurred in the month? I am leaving it alone until final payment which I believe is 30 days prior, or is it? Yikes, I apologize as I never really take copious notes on these things because canceling from me is just not in my nature. 

I do know I can't lift & shift, I may be making a $300.00 donation to Royal...I just wish they would give it to their hard working crew. Thanks for stopping by to read my tale of woe.

Inside Out Reaction GIF

What is wrong with these young people today who would rather go to school than go on a cruise? 

Your cruise does not go under the CWC.  I know this because I had to pay the $100 penalty for moving my July 4th cruise to June 13.  It does not show on the main page but under the Questions and Answers.  Here is the statement:

Do all sailings qualify for “Cruise with Confidence”?

Cruise with Confidence covers cruises booked on or before January 31, 2022, that set sail on or before May 31, 2022. View the Terms & Conditions

But to answer your question, @Matt posted a blog article on December 8, 2021 talking about the change to its current iteration. So while your cruise currently doesn't qualify, the last change to the policy was made less than a month ago. They had been extended the book by date month by month, but this was the first time I saw the set sail date change from April 2022 to May 2022.

6 hours ago, Neesa said:

I do know I can't lift & shift, I may be making a $300.00 donation to Royal

I have one of those nonrefundable $300 deposits on a cruise after the May 2022 cutoff date and not covered by CWC.   My deposit was $100 per person for 3 people.   I wanted to either change or cancel the cruise because one person couldn't go on the cruise.  I could change the cruise and pay a change fee (keep same reservation number) or I could cancel the cruise and end up losing the whole $300 either way.

One little trick they said was possible was to take a person off the cruise. Then the deposit is $200 for two people.  If I cancelled I would only lose a $200 deposit and $100 would be refunded.  I'm not sure if I could have taken 2 people off and the deposit would only be $100 and then if I cancelled, maybe $200 would be refunded??

I ended up taking the one person off and opted to decide later about what to do.   However, I'm hoping the CWC dates get extended.