Honeymoon planning!

DTMCD

Hello all,

My next planned cruise is 14th of August 2022 on Harmony sailing out of Port Canaveral on our honeymoon! We got engaged in March 2020 on Anthem on my first ever cruise so needed to surely go back on another RCL cruise for the honeymoon... We're due to visit;

CocoCay (been before loved it) already have water park and jet skis planned. 

Nassau (been before, avoiding Atlantis this time, any other excursion recommendations?) 

Falmouth (although from following the forums it looks as though RC haven't visited here since cruising resumed? Does that make it likely this will be substituted or what is the situation?) Also wondering if anyone has any excursion recommendations for Falmouth in the event we do get to visit. 

Labadee.. as with Falmouth this looks unlikely? 

Originally after our cruise we were planning to spend our second week in Orlando, FL however we've been before and it got me thinking we could potentially just do another cruise sailing out of any of the Florida ports.. the soon to be wife loved this idea so now I am shopping around looking for another cruise to go on either the week before our Harmony sailing or after, the options I have at present are as follows;

Symphony on 7th August out of Miami > CocoCay > Cozumel > Roatan > Puerto Rico > Miami.

Explorer on 6th August out of Miami > Bonaire > Curacao > Aruba > Miami.

Celebrity Equinox on 7th August out of Fort Lauderdale > Key West > Cayman Islands > Cozumel > FL. (leaning towards this but looking for advice on how practical it is to key from FL to PC - I've never drove in the U.S but am willing to if it's feasible to make this connection?

MSC Divina on 4th August (sorry Royal!) PC > Nassau > Ocean Cay > PC > Ocean Cay > Costa Maya > Cozumel > PC.

MSC Seashore 6th August Miami > San Juan > St. Thomas > Dominican Republic > Ocean Cay > Miami. 

We're both 27, likely to-do drinks packages regardless of which line and sailing we go on - we also really enjoy active holidays with only one or two days of downtime, we've only been on one cruise together but tend to get off the ship at every port and do one or two excursions.

Lastly, if we were to see something in the region of 14+ days, are we able to contact Royal to change our current sailing on Harmony if its an option? 

Sorry long post but looking for advice to make it a holiday and honeymoon of a lifetime - any replies appreciated! 😁

Hmmm.  Florida and the Caribbean in midAugust is prime hurricane season.  Still, it is a good time to visit after the afternoon rains, letting the area cool down. 

You may want to go to some of the beaches for your extra time.  I suggest the west coast beaches. Sanibel,  Captiva and the Lee Island Coast have shelling and really good sunsets. Sarasota's Siesta Key has the best sugar sand. For quirkiness,  I think Venice with its shark teeth is really cool, and it had a mid-century vibe usually only replicated at amusement parks.  

18 hours ago, Audrey V. said:

Hmmm.  Florida and the Caribbean in midAugust is prime hurricane season.  Still, it is a good time to visit after the afternoon rains, letting the area cool down. 

You may want to go to some of the beaches for your extra time.  I suggest the west coast beaches. Sanibel,  Captiva and the Lee Island Coast have shelling and really good sunsets. Sarasota's Siesta Key has the best sugar sand. For quirkiness,  I think Venice with its shark teeth is really cool, and it had a mid-century vibe usually only replicated at amusement parks.  

Hope we get lucky with the weather then! 😁 Thanks for the reply, will certainly keep the beaches in mind!

On 1/4/2022 at 4:20 PM, XtremeGK said:

Explorer will feel like an older ship, especially compared to Harmony...but the ABC itinerary is always a fantastic choice.

Thank you for your input will likely give explorer a miss then!