Boarding
Earlier in the week we were informed boarding would be delayed 2 hours
Had an 1130 original time, Got to terminal at 1206 due to shuttle schedule

Boarding Process:
Show negative test to get into the door
Upstairs show passport, covid test, vaccination record and set sail
Then through metal detector
Then upstairs
Upstairs waiting at 1225, could have be quicker but I met some first timers on the shuttle and helped them through the process
At 100 pm they started letting Keys in, then others.  I was onboard by 108 (and I was NOT a key)

On Board observations
Ship feels VERY empty, I will try to get a headcount later (it is bouncing between 2600 and 3300 depending who you ask)
Dining room staff are all wearing N95 or KN95 masks
Guests are being very good about wearing masks (to this point at least)
First headline show was perhaps 1/6 capacity (see photos)

Entertainment schedule for this week
It looks as cast members clear quarantine they are getting shows going again.  All the main shows will be operational by the end of the week (fingers crossed)

Sunday
There is music and football in many venues
Theatre 700 & 930 Headliner Aaron Bonk - Dangerous Comedy
Studio B 900 Disco Ice Skating (I think guests do the skating to disco music

Monday
There is music, movies and football in many venues
Theatre 800 & 1015 Headliner Aaron Bonk - Dangerous Comedy
Blaze 900 & 1100 Adult Comedy

Tuesday
There is music and movies in many venues
Theatre 800 & 1015 Impressionist Gordie Brown
Aqua Theater 800 Hush! Silent Disco
Studio B - 1045 70's Disco Inferno
Blaze 1000 Adult Comedy

Wednesday
Theatre 700 & 930 Impressionist Gordie Brown
Studio B 800 Hush! Silent Disco

Thursday
Aqua Theater 1030 Aqua80
Studio B 900 Disco Ice Skating (I think guests do the skating to disco music)

Friday
Theater 830 Cats
Aqua Theater 700 & 1030 Aqua80

Saturday
Theater 300 Cats
Theater 800 Family Comedy
Theater 1030 Adult Comedy
Aqua Theater 700 & 930 Aqua80
Studio B 800 & 1030 Frozen in Time
Blaze 1000 Farewell Party

Comedians for the week are Nery Saenz & Don Grey and they will be doing the shows together

theater 2.jpg

theater 1.jpg

Did you have to have an additional covid test? 

47 minutes ago, Mojomanny said:

Boarding
Earlier in the week we were informed boarding would be delayed 2 hours
Had an 1130 original time, Got to terminal at 1206 due to shuttle schedule

Boarding Process:
Show negative test to get into the door
Upstairs show passport, covid test, vaccination record and set sail
Then through metal detector
Then upstairs
Upstairs waiting at 1225, could have be quicker but I met some first timers on the shuttle and helped them through the process
At 100 pm they started letting Keys in, then others.  I was onboard by 108 (and I was NOT a key)

On Board observations
Ship feels VERY empty, I will try to get a headcount later (it is bouncing between 2600 and 3300 depending who you ask)
Dining room staff are all wearing N95 or KN95 masks
Guests are being very good about wearing masks (to this point at least)
First headline show was perhaps 1/6 capacity (see photos)

Entertainment schedule for this week
It looks as cast members clear quarantine they are getting shows going again.  All the main shows will be operational by the end of the week (fingers crossed)

Sunday
There is music and football in many venues
Theatre 700 & 930 Headliner Aaron Bonk - Dangerous Comedy
Studio B 900 Disco Ice Skating (I think guests do the skating to disco music

Monday
There is music, movies and football in many venues
Theatre 800 & 1015 Headliner Aaron Bonk - Dangerous Comedy

Tuesday
Theatre 800 & 1015 Impressionist Gordie Brown
Aqua Theater 800 Hush! Silent Disco
Studio B - 1045 70's Disco Inferno
Blaze 1000 Adult Comedy

Wednesday
Theatre 700 & 930 Impressionist Gordie Brown

Thursday
Aqua Theater 1030 Aqua80
Studio B 900 Disco Ice Skating (I think guests do the skating to disco music)

Friday
Theater 830 Cats
Aqua Theater 700 & 1030 Aqua80

Saturday
Theater 300 Cats
Theater 800 Family Comedy
Theater 1030 Adult Comedy
Aqua Theater 700 & 930 Aqua80
Studio B 800 & 1030 Frozen in Time
Blaze 1000 Farewell Party

Comedians for the week are Nery Saenz & Don Grey and they will be doing the shows together

theater 2.jpg

theater 1.jpg

Update from onboard

We got into CocoCay at 4am and Vision of the Seas was there to greet us. Vision is still out of service and is being used as a crew ship to house quarantined replacement crew and to take sick crew from other ships.

I am told 26 crew were transferred but that was an early number and I personally saw 20 crew moving after I heard that number.

We were in port with Odessey of the Seas. CocoCay was great, no issues with two large ships there. Plenty of chairs available all day, even at Chill Island which is the first beach you come to.

The Capt. made an announcement that I didn't fully hear but he did say if we get over 1% they would announce it. So far I think we are doing much better than the mainland

Tonight's show was swapped to Gordie Brown from Aaron Bonk because Aaron was under the weather which they assured us was not what we were all thinking. Gordie was good but there were a lot of people leaving within the first few minutes of his act.

Tonight you could have filled the center section and still had the left and right sides empty. So things are not very full onboard

Onboard Oasis of the Seas this week. There are hand washing stations built in everywhere - at Windjammer Buffet- fully staffed so all plates & food items are served to you at each station. Hand washing stations near restaurants on the decks & an army of automated hand sanitizer machines every where you look. Masking signage everywhere & reduced capacity at entertainment venues. Passengers are abiding by masking & capacity limits on elevators. RCL is doing a great job!! We are having a great time!!

An update from onboard

This was our first true sea day. I had a great conversation yesterday with one of the waiters, we had the chance to talk for about over 10 minutes. The bottom line was he was very happy to be back onboard, he feels RC is doing a great job behind the scenes to keep him, the rest of the crew and the passengers safe. When Oasis went back in service they had extensive and in-depth training regarding Covid and he said the most important thing they stressed was safety first, above everything and continue to stress this. I asked what would happen if he didn't feel safe and he said they were told, and he is confident, that at anytime a crew member can ask to be sent home and RC would do so, and that RC would allow them back when things get better. He truly feels they would do this and not hold it against the crew member. Another tidbit is someone explained to me why we are doing a 1/2 day in Nassau (which we crawled to, and even made a U turn to kill time) and then are racing to St. Maartan. Word is RC feels we paid for a three port cruise and they want to give us a three port cruise.

Today we had the Top Tier Event with the Captain. The main takeaway from that was there are 2950 passengers and just under 2000 crew onboard. Tonight the Captain made a very clear and detailed announcement regarding out Covid status. We have .52% of passengers that have come down with it (which is 15 or 16 people by my math) and with crew we are just around 1% (which I extrapolate to mean .48% of staff or roughly 10 crew members). I appreciated his transparency and considering what is going on at home, these seem to be great numbers.

The ship continues to feel empty. There are no crowds waiting for elevator's because they come so fast and it's rare anyone else is in the elevator with you. I checked the pool situation several times and there was a lot of seating always available in the lounge chairs. Talking with the people at the next table, we agreed the only time things seemed "crowded" was the second night when the Main Dining Room was clearly below 50% ... but because it was fuller than any other day, it felt "crowded"

I have chosen to eat my meals in the MDR rather than Windjammer. I feel it is less crowded, more space between guests and has the side benefit of a bit better portion control. There is nothing wrong with WJ, just my personal choice.

I continue to feel comfortable and confident in my safety onboard.

Do they still have WOW bands on the Oasis? I was wondering if I should bring my old ones. Any news on the on board activities limited like stand up surfing on the flow rider and the laser tag? I'm on the Oasis in like 2 weeks and super excited!!! Also, do you know about capacity in Adventure Ocean, I'm taking my kids for the first time. Thanks again for these amazing updates!!!

Update from Onboard

We are now at 3% positive for Covid which is 1% guests and 2%

There is no panic onboard

Dining has changed to open dining (which I presume it means we will not be at our usual tables) and is now using all three dining rooms (deck 3 unvac, deck 4 & 5 vaccinated) The only show I know that was cancelled was Aqua80 last night which was cancelled due to the waves, which were spilling out of the pool

Izumi will not have Hibachi since the chef had a close exposure and is quarantined for 2 weeks Other than that it is a lovely sea day, we are currently passing Odessey of the Seas which was in port with us. We have an earlier time with the Port Pilot

We are going through some short lived rain showers, temps are lower 80s

1 hour ago, Kamachaos said:

Do they still have WOW bands on the Oasis? I was wondering if I should bring my old ones. Any news on the on board activities limited like stand up surfing on the flow rider and the laser tag? I'm on the Oasis in like 2 weeks and super excited!!! Also, do you know about capacity in Adventure Ocean, I'm taking my kids for the first time. Thanks again for these amazing updates!!!

No need for WOW Bands

Most of the activities have been going on as normal (no laser tag though)

I do not know about AO but will try to find out for you

On 1/7/2022 at 12:47 PM, Kamachaos said:

i just got off Harmony.  They don't sell wow bands anymore, but I brought mine and they activated it at guest services.   I actually liked having mine at times.  For example we had to scan in and out of windjammer and if I had stuff in my hands, it was easier to scan my wow band vs. dig out my card. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/9/2022 at 4:56 PM, iluvwineandtravel said:

i just got off Harmony.  They don't sell wow bands anymore, but I brought mine and they activated it at guest services.   I actually liked having mine at times.  For example we had to scan in and out of windjammer and if I had stuff in my hands, it was easier to scan my wow band vs. dig out my card. 

Sorry for the question but I'm not sure what a "wow band" is. Can someone let me know? Thanks so much

On 1/29/2022 at 3:51 PM, Michelle Barker said:

Oh wow, that sounds great! How do you get those?

They're only available for the newer ships that use the tap to pay style SeaPass cards. They used to be for free guests or available to purchase for everyone for $5. I haven't seen them using them since cruises restarted since the shutdown.